(A) The PICU shall have controlled access with no through traffic.
(B) The PICU shall be in close proximity to a family waiting area. Proximity to the physician on-call office is recommended. The PICU shall be available by gurney to the emergency department, the surgical area and recovery area.
(C) The PICU shall contain the following distinct areas:
(1) Patient isolation rooms;
(2) A clean linen room;
(3) A soiled linen room;
(4) Equipment storage;
(6) A medication station with drug refrigerator and locked narcotic cabinet;
(7) A nourishment station;
(8) Hand washing facilities;
(9) Staff and patient toilets; and
(10) Patient personal effects storage.
(D) All patient rooms shall have:
(1) The capacity to provide patient privacy;
(2) Easy, rapid access to the head of the bed; and
(3) Adequate compressed air, oxygen, and vacuum outlets per bed.
(E) The PICU shall have a rapid and reliable system that timely reports and receives laboratory results.
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3702.11 , 3702.13
Rule Amplifies: 3702.11 , 3702.12 , 3702.13 , 3702.14 , 3702.141 , 3702.15 , 3702.16 , 3702.18 , 3702.19 , 3702.20
Prior Effective Dates: 3/20/1997, 3/24/03, 5/15/08