(1) Each licensee that possesses an aggregated quantity of radioactive material at or above the category two threshold shall establish, implement, and maintain its access authorization program in accordance with requirements of this chapter.
(2) An applicant for a new license and each licensee that would become newly subject to the requirements of this chapter upon application for modification of its license shall implement the requirements of this chapter, as appropriate, before taking possession of an aggregated category one or category two quantity of radioactive material.
(3) Any licensee that has not previously implemented the security orders or been subject to the provisions of rules 3701:1-37-07 to 3701:1-37-13 of the Administrative Code shall implement these rules before aggregating radioactive material to a quantity that equals or exceeds the category two threshold.
(B) General performance objective: the licensee's access authorization program must ensure that the individuals specified in paragraph (C)(1) of this rule are trustworthy and reliable.
(1) Licensees shall subject the following individuals to an access authorization program:
(a) Any individual whose assigned duties require unescorted access to category one or category two quantities of radioactive material or to any device that contains the radioactive material; and
(b) Reviewing officials.
(2) Licensees need not subject the categories of individuals listed in rule 3701:1-37-11 of the Administrative Code to the investigation elements of the access authorization program.
(3) Licensees shall approve unescorted access to category one or category two quantities of radioactive material only for those individuals with job duties that require unescorted access to category one or category two quantities of radioactive material.