(A) An application for a specific license will be approved if:
(1) The application is for a purpose authorized by Chapter 3748. of the Revised Code and the rules promulgated thereunder;
(2) The applicant is qualified by reason of training and experience to use the source material for the purpose requested in such manner as to protect health and minimize danger to life or property;
(3) The applicant's proposed equipment, facilities and procedures are adequate to protect health and minimize danger to life or property;
(4) For an application to possess and use source and byproduct material for uranium milling or for the conduct of any other activity which the director determines will significantly affect the quality of the environment, the director has concluded that the action called for is the issuance of the proposed license, along with any appropriate conditions to protect environmental values, after:
(a) Reviewing filed information;
(b) Making evaluations pursuant to rule 3701:1-40-30 of the Administrative Code; and
(c) Weighing the environmental, economic, technical and other benefits against environmental costs and considering available alternatives; and
(5) The applicant satisfies any applicable special requirements contained in rule 3701:1-44-16 of the Administrative Code.
(B) Commencement of construction prior to this conclusion in paragraph (A)(4) of this rule is grounds for denial of a license to possess and use source and byproduct material in the plant or facility. The term "commencement of construction" is as defined in rule 3701:1-38-01 of the Administrative Code.
(C) All applicants shall prohibit commencement of construction with respect to such material listed in paragraph (A)(4) of this rule until the director has issued a license.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 09/24/2015 and 09/15/2020
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3748.04
Rule Amplifies: 3748.04
Prior Effective Dates: 2/6/2006, 11/28/10, 7/25/13