(A) In addition to the reporting requirements specified in rules 3701:1-40-20 and 3701:1-38-23 of the Administrative Code, each licensee shall provide a written report to the director, within thirty days of the occurrence of any of the following incidents involving radiographic equipment:
(1) Unintentional disconnection of the source assembly from the control cable;
(2) Inability to retract the source assembly to its fully shielded position and secure it in this position; or
(3) Failure of any component (critical to safe operation of the device) to properly perform its intended function.
(B) The licensee shall include the following information in each report submitted under paragraph (A) of this rule, and in each report of overexposure submitted under paragraph (C) of rule 3701:1-38-21 of the Administrative Code which involves failure of safety components of radiography equipment:
(1) A description of the equipment problem;
(2) Cause of each incident, if known;
(3) Name of the manufacturer and model number of equipment involved in the incident;
(4) Place, date, and time of the incident;
(5) Actions taken to establish normal operations;
(6) Corrective actions taken or planned to prevent recurrence; and
(7) Qualifications of personnel involved in the incident.
(C) Any licensee conducting radiographic operations or storing radioactive material at any location or temporary job site not listed on the license for a period in excess of one hundred eighty days in a calendar year, shall notify the director prior to exceeding the one hundred eighty days.
Prior History: (Five Year Review (FYR) Dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3748.04
Rule Amplifies: 3748.06, 3748.07
Prior Effective Dates: 10/20/2002, 3/22/07, 1/1/12)