(A) A general license is issued to any licensee of the department to transport fissile material in the form of plutonium-beryllium (Pu-Be) special form sealed sources, or to deliver Pu-Be sealed sources to a carrier for transport, if the material is shipped in accordance with this section. This material need not be contained in a package which meets the standards of subparts E and F of 10 C.F.R. 71 (as published in the January 1, 2014 Code of Federal Regulations); however, the material must be contained in a type A package. The type A package must also meet the DOT requirements of 49 C.F.R. 173.417(a) (as published in the October 1, 2014 Code of Federal Regulations).
(C) The general license applies only when a package's contents:
(1) Contain no more than a type A quantity of radioactive material; and
(2) Contain less than one thousand grams of plutonium, provided that: plutonium-239, plutonium-241, or any combination of these radionuclides, constitutes less than two hundred forty grams of the total quantity of plutonium in the package.
(D) The general license applies only to packages labeled with a CSI which:
(1) Has been determined in accordance with paragraph (E) of this rule;
(2) Has a value less than or equal to one hundred; and
(3) For a shipment of multiple packages containing Pu-Be sealed sources, the sum of the CSIs must be less than or equal to fifty (for shipment on a nonexclusive use conveyance) and less than or equal to one hundred (for shipment on an exclusive use conveyance).
(1) The value for the CSI must be greater than or equal to the number calculated by the following equation:
CSI = 10 ((grams of Pu-239 + grams of Pu-241) / 24); and
(2) The calculated CSI must be rounded up to the first decimal place.