The Ohio Air Quality Development Authority has adopted this Rule pursuant to Section 121.22(F) , Ohio Revised Code, for the purposes of: establishing a reasonable method for any person to determine the time and place of regularly scheduled meetings of the Authority and of the time, place and purpose of special meetings of the Authority; making provision for giving advance notice of meetings of the Authority to the news media which have requested such notification; and making provision for persons to request and receive reasonable advance notification of meetings of the Authority.
(A) As soon as the time and place of any meeting of the Authority has been determined, the Secretary-Treasurer shall post a meeting schedule setting forth the time and place of such meeting and, with respect to any special meeting, a statement of the purpose of the meeting. Such schedule shall be posted in a conspicuous place accessible to the public in the Office of the Authority and shall remain posted until the cancellation or conclusion of the meeting scheduled therein.
(1) writing to the following address:
Ohio Air Quality Development Authority
50 West Broad Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215
(2) calling the following telephone number during normal business hours: 614/224-3383; or
(3) consulting the posted schedule of meetings at the Office of the Ohio Air Quality Development Authority, 50 West Broad Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215.
(C) Any news media organization may obtain notice of all meetings of the Authority by requesting in writing addressed to the Secretary-Treasurer of the Ohio Air Quality Development Authority, 50 West Broad Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215, that such notice be provided. Such written request shall set forth the name of the news media organization making the request and the name, address and telephone numbers (not to exceed two) of a representative designated by such organization to receive such notice on behalf of such organization. Any written request shall remain in effect during the calendar year in which it was received by the Secretary-Treasurer and shall expire at the end of such year unless sooner cancelled by such organization. Any such request may be renewed by filing a new written request with the Secretary-Treasurer.
(D) The Secretary-Treasurer shall maintain a list of all designated representatives of news media organizations which have requested notice pursuant to this Section and shall notify each such representative of each meeting of the Authority by doing at least one of the following:
(1) Sending written notice of time, place and purpose of each meeting by depositing a copy thereof in the United States mails, first class postage prepaid, addressed to such representative at the address set forth in the written request received by the Secretary-Treasurer no later than four calendar days prior to the date of the meeting.
(2) Notifying such representatives by telephone at least 24 hours prior to the time of meeting. Such telephone notification shall be deemed completed if a message has been left for the representative or if, after reasonable effort, the Secretary-Treasurer has been unable to provide such telephone notification.
(3) Informing such representative personally no later than 24 hours prior to the time of the meeting.
(E) Any person may request written notification of the time, place and purpose of any meeting of the Authority in the manner and upon payment of the fee as herein provided:
(1) Each such request shall be set forth in writing addressed to the Secretary-Treasurer at the Office of the Ohio Air Quality Development Authority, 50 West Broad Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215. Such request shall state the name of the person requesting notice and the address to which such person desires such notification to be sent.
(2) Each request must be accompanied by cash, check or money order payable to the Authority in the amount of $ 3.00. Said written request shall remain in effect for a period of one year from the date of receipt by the Secretary-Treasurer and shall thereupon expire unless sooner cancelled by the person requesting notification.
(3) Written notice pursuant to this Section shall set forth the time and place of the meeting, the purpose of the meeting, or, in lieu thereof, a copy of the agenda of the meeting, and shall be mailed at least 4 calendar days prior to the date of meeting.
(F) Any notification provided for in this Rule to be given by the Secretary-Treasurer may be given by any person acting on behalf of or under the authority of the Secretary-Treasurer.