The Ohio air quality development authority has adopted this rule pursuant to division (F) of section 121.22 of the Revised Code, for the purposes of: establishing a reasonable method for any person to determine the time and place of regularly scheduled meetings of the authority and of the time, place and purpose of special meetings of the authority; making provision for giving advance notice of meetings of the authority to the news media which have requested such notification; and making provision for persons to request and receive reasonable advance notification of meetings of the authority.
(A) As soon as the time and place of any meeting of the authority has been determined, the secretary-treasurer shall post a meeting schedule setting forth the time and place of such meeting and, with respect to any special meeting, a statement of the purpose of the meeting. Such schedule shall be posted in a conspicuous place accessible to the public in the office of the authority and shall remain posted until the cancellation or conclusion of the meeting scheduled therein.
(B) Any person may determine the time and place of all meetings posted in accordance with this rule by:
(1) Writing to the following address:
"Ohio Air Quality Development Authority
50 West Broad Street, Suite 1718
Columbus, Ohio 43215"
(2) Calling the following telephone number during normal business hours:
(3) Consulting the Ohio air quality development authority website for a listing of meetings: or,
(4) Consulting the posted schedule of meetings at the "Office of the Ohio Air Quality Development Authority, 50 West Broad Street, Suite 1718, Columbus, Ohio 43215."
(C) Any news media organization may obtain notice of all meetings of the authority by requesting in writing addressed to the "Secretary-Treasurer of the Ohio Air Quality Development Authority, 50 West Broad Street, Suite 1718, Columbus, Ohio 43215," that such notice be provided. Such written request shall set forth the name of the news media organization making the request and the name, address, email, and telephone numbers (not to exceed two) of a representative designated by such organization to receive such notice on behalf of such organization. To continue to receive notice, any interested news media organization must submit a new written request, as described in this paragraph, to the secretary-treasure of the Ohio air quality development authority at the start of the new calendar year. Any written request shall remain in effect during the calendar year in which it was received by the secretary-treasurer and shall expire at the end of such year unless sooner cancelled by such organization.
(D) The secretary-treasurer shall maintain a list of all designated representatives of news media organizations which have requested notice pursuant to this section and shall notify each such representative of each meeting of the authority by doing at least one of the following:
(1) Sending written notice of time, place and purpose of each meeting by depositing a copy thereof in the United States postal service mail, first class postage prepaid, addressed to such representative at the address set forth in the written request received by the secretary-treasurer no later than four calendar days prior to the date of the meeting.
(2) Notifying such representatives by telephone at least twenty-four hours prior to the time of meeting. Such telephone notification shall be deemed completed if a message has been left for the representative or if, after reasonable effort, the secretary-treasurer has been unable to provide such telephone notification.
(3) Sending a written notice of time, place and purpose of each meeting via email at the email address set forth in the written request received by the secretary-treasurer no later than four calendar days prior to the date of the meeting.
(E) Any person may request written notification of the time, place and purpose of any meeting of the authority in the manner as herein provided:
(1) Each such request shall be set forth in writing addressed to the "Secretary-Treasurer at the Office of the Ohio Air Quality Development Authority, 50 West Broad Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215." Such request shall state the name of the person requesting notice and the address to which such person desires such notification to be sent.
(2) Said written request shall be sent via United States postal service mail or electronic mail and shall remain in effect for a period of one year from the date of receipt by the secretary-treasurer and shall therupon expire unless sooner cancelled by the person requesting notification.
(3) Written notice pursuant to this rule shall set forth the time and place of the meeting, the purpose of the meeting, or, in lieu thereof, a copy of the agenda of the meeting, and shall be mailed at least four calendar days prior to the date of meeting.
(F) Any notification provided for in this rule to be given by the secretary-treasurer may be given by any person acting on behalf of or under the authority of the secretary-treasurer.