(A) Clean linens.
Clean linens shall be free from food residues and other soiling matter.
(B) Frequency of laundering - specifications.
(1) Linens that do not come in direct contact with food shall be laundered between operations if they become wet, sticky, or visibly soiled.
(2) Cloth gloves used as specified in paragraph (N)(3) of rule 3717-1-03.2 of the Administrative Code shall be laundered before being used with a different type of raw animal food such as beef, fish, lamb, pork, or poultry.
(3) Linens that are used as specified under paragraph (L) of rule 3717-1-03.2 of the Administrative Code and cloth napkins shall be laundered between each use.
(4) Wet wiping cloths shall be laundered daily.
(5) Dry wiping cloths shall be laundered as necessary to prevent contamination of food and clean serving utensils.
(C) Storage of soiled linens - methods.
Soiled linens shall be kept in clean, nonabsorbent receptacles or clean, washable laundry bags and stored and transported to prevent contamination of food, clean equipment, clean utensils, single-service articles, and single-use articles.
(D) Mechanical washing.
(1) Except as specified in paragraph (D)(2) of this rule, linens shall be mechanically washed.
(2) In a food service operation or retail food establishment in which only wiping cloths are laundered as specified in paragraph (E) of rule 3717-1-04.2 of the Administrative Code, the wiping cloths may be laundered in a mechanical washer, sink designated only for laudering wiping cloths, or a warewashing or food preparation sink that is cleaned as specifed under paragraph (D) of rule 3717-1-04.4 of the Administrative Code.
(E) Use of laundry facilities.
(1) Except as specified in paragraph (E)(2) of this rule laundry facilities on the premises of a food service operation or retail food establishment shall be used only for the washing and drying of items used in the operation of the food service operation or retail food establishment.
(2) Separate laundry facilities located on the premises for the purpose of general laundering such as for institutions providing boarding and lodging may also be used for laundering food service operation or retail food establishment items.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 11/13/2018 and 01/28/2024
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3717.04 ; 3717.05
Rule Amplifies: 3717.04 ; 3717.05
Prior Effective Dates: 03/01/2001, 03/01/2009, 03/01/2016