(A) Food service operations and retail food establishments in operation prior to March 1, 2001 may continue to use existing facilities and equipment that:
(1) Are in good repair and can be maintained in a sanitary condition;
(2) Have food contact surfaces that comply with the requirements of this chapter;
(3) Have cooling, heating, and holding capacities that comply with the requirements of this chapter; and
(4) Do not constitute a public health hazard or public nuisance.
(B) Existing facilities and equipment shall be replaced with equipment and facilities meeting the requirements of this chapter when any of the following occur:
(1) They no longer comply with the requirements of paragraphs (A)(1) to (A)(4) of this rule;
(2) They no longer comply with the criteria upon which they were originally approved; or
(3) The food service operation or retail food establishment changes ownership.