(A) Fast-track modifications shall follow the following procedures:
(1) The designated representative shall serve a copy of the fast-track modification on the USEPA, the director, and any person entitled to a written notice of a draft permit under the Ohio EPA's permit regulations adopted under rule 3745-77-08 of the Administrative Code. Within five business days of serving such copies, the designated representative shall also give public notice by publication in a newspaper of general circulation in the area where the source is located or in a state publication designed to give general public notice.
(2) The public shall have a period of thirty days, commencing on the date of publication of the notice, to comment on the fast-track modification. Comments shall be submitted in writing to the director and to the designated representative.
(3) The designated representative shall submit the fast-track modification to the director on or before commencement of the public comment period.
(4) Within ninety days of the close of the public comment period, the Ohio EPA shall consider the fast-track modification and the comments received and approve, in whole or in part or with changes or conditions as appropriate, or disapprove the modification. A fast-track modification shall be subject to the same provisions for review by the USEPA and the director as are applicable to a permit modification under rule 3745-103-16 of the Administrative Code.
(B) The following permit revisions are, at the option of the designated representative submitting the permit revision, either fast-track modifications under this rule or permit modifications under rule 3745-103-16 of the Administrative Code:
(1) Incorporation of a compliance option that the designated representative did not submit for approval and comment during the permit issuance process;
(2) Addition of a nitrogen oxides averaging plan to a permit; and
(3) Changes in a repowering plan, nitrogen oxides averaging plan, or nitrogen oxides compliance deadline extension.