(A) USEPA responsibilities. The USEPA shall be responsible for all of the following activities under the opt-in provisions of the acid rain program:
(1) Calculating the baseline or alternative baseline and allowance allocation, and allocating allowances for combustion or process sources that become affected units under this rule.
(3) Establishing allowance accounts, tracking allowances, assessing end-of-year compliance, determining reduced utilization, approving thermal energy transfer and accounting for the replacement of thermal energy, closing accounts for opt-in sources that shut down, are reconstructed, become affected under rule 3745-103-02 of the Administrative Code, or fail to renew their opt-in permit, and deducting allowances as provided under rules 3745-103-41 to 3745-103-51 of the Administrative Code.
(5) Approving and disapproving the request to withdraw from the acid rain program.
(B) Director responsibilities. The director shall be responsible for all of the following activities:
(1) Issuing the draft and final opt-in permit.
(2) Revising and renewing the opt-in permit.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 7/31/2017 and 07/31/2022
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3704.03(E)
Rule Amplifies: 3704.03(A), 3704.03(E)
Prior Effective Dates: 9/10/97, 1/12/07