(A) Date of entry.
(1) If an opt-in source provided monthly data under rule 3745-103-33 of the Administrative Code, the opt-in source's opt-in permit may become effective at the beginning of a calendar quarter as of January first, April first, July first, or October first.
(2) If an opt-in source provided annual data under rule 3745-103-33 of the Administrative Code, the opt-in source's opt-in permit must become effective on January first.
(B) Prorating by calendar quarter. Where a combustion source's opt-in permit becomes effective on April first, July first, or October first of a given year, the USEPA will prorate the allowance allocation for that first year by the calendar quarters remaining in the year as follows:
Allowances for the first year
(1) For combustion sources that commenced operations before January 1, 1985,
(2) For combustion sources that commenced operations after January 1, 1985,
(3) Under paragraphs (B)(1) and (B)(2) of this rule,
(a) "Remaining calendar quarters" shall be the calendar quarters in the first year for which the opt-in permit will be effective.
(b) Fuel consumption for remaining calendar quarters =
Where unit conversion = 2 for coal
= 0.001 for oil
= 1 for gas
For other fuels, the combustion source must specify unit conversion;
And where starting month = April, if effective date is April first;
= July, if effective date is July first
= October, if effective date is October first