(A) Duty to apply.
(1) The designated representative of any source with an affected unit subject to this rule shall submit, by the applicable deadline under paragraph (B) of this rule, a complete acid rain permit application (or, if the unit is covered by an acid rain permit, a complete permit revision) that includes a complete compliance plan for NOx emissions covering the unit.
(2) The original and three copies of the permit application and compliance plan for NOx emissions for phase II shall be submitted to the director, and one copy of the compliance plan for NOx emissions submitted to USEPA headquarters, acid rain division.
(B) Deadlines. For a phase I or phase II unit with a group one or group two boiler, the designated representative shall have submitted a complete permit application and compliance plan for NOx emissions covering the unit in phase II to the director and USEPA not later than January 1, 1998, except that early election units shall also submit an application to USEPA not later than January 1, 1997.
(C) Information requirements for NOx compliance plans. A complete compliance plan for NOx shall, for each affected unit included in the permit application and subject to this rule, either certify that the unit will comply with the applicable emissions limitation under rule 3745-103-57, 3745-103-58, or 3745-103-59 of the Administrative Code or specify one or more other acid rain compliance options for NOx in accordance with the requirements of this rule. A complete compliance plan for NOx for a source shall include all of the following elements in a format prescribed by the director:
(1) Identification of the source.
(2) Identification of each affected unit that is at the source and is subject to this rule.
(3) Identification of the boiler type of each unit.
(4) Identification of the compliance option proposed for each unit (i.e., meeting the applicable emissions limitation under rule 3745-103-57 (NOx emission limitation for group one, phase I boilers); 3745-103-58 (NOx emission limitation for group two boilers); or 3745-103-59 (NOx emission limitation for group one, phase II boilers); 3745-103-60 (early election); 3745-103-62 (alternative emission limitation); or 3745-103-63 (NOx emissions averaging) of the Administrative Code; and any additional information required for the appropriate option in accordance with this rule;
(D) Duty to reapply. The designated representative of any source with an affected unit subject to this rule shall submit a complete acid rain permit application, including a complete compliance plan for NOx emissions covering the unit, in accordance with the deadlines in paragraph (A)(1) of rule 3745-103-07 of the Administrative Code.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 7/31/2017 and 07/31/2022
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3704.03(E)
Rule Amplifies: 3704.03(A), 3704.03(E)
Prior Effective Dates: 6/27/02, 1/12/07