[Comment: For dates of non-regulatory government publications, publications of recognized organizations and associations, federal rules, and federal statutory provisions referenced in this rule, see paragraph (C) of rule 3745-104-01 of the Administrative Code titled "Referenced materials."]
(A) The owner or operator shall include in the five-year accident history all accidental releases from covered processes that resulted in deaths, injuries, or significant property damage on site, or known offsite deaths, injuries, evacuations, sheltering in place, property damage, or environmental damage.
(B) Data required. For each accidental release included in the five year accident history, the owner or operator shall report the following information:
(1) Date, time, and approximate duration of the release;
(2) Chemical(s) released;
(3) Estimated quantity released in pounds and, for mixtures containing regulated toxic substances, percentage concentration by weight of the released regulated toxic substance in the liquid mixture;
(4) Five- or six-digit NAICS code that most closely corresponds to the process;
(5) The type of release event and its source;
(6) Weather conditions, if known;
(7) On-site impacts;
(8) Known offsite impacts;
(9) Initiating event and contributing factors if known;
(10) Whether offsite responders were notified if known; and
(11) Operational or process changes that resulted from investigation of the release and that have been made by the time this information is submitted in accordance with rule 3745-104-44 of the Administrative Code.
(C) Level of accuracy. Numerical estimates may be provided to two significant digits.
Prior History: (Effective:
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 10/22/2009 and 10/23/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3753.02
Rule Amplifies: 3753
Prior Effective Dates: 8/13/99, 7/1/05 )