[Comment: For dates of non-regulatory government publications, publications of recognized organizations and associations, federal rules, and federal statutory provisions referenced in this rule, see paragraph (C) of rule 3745-104-01 of the Administrative Code titled "Referenced materials."]
(A) The owner or operator shall compile and maintain the following up-to-date safety information related to the regulated substances, processes, and equipment:
(1) Material safety data sheets that meet the requirements of 29 CFR 1910.1200(g);
(2) Maximum intended inventory of equipment in which the regulated substances are stored or processed;
(3) Safe upper and lower temperatures, pressures, flows, and compositions;
(4) Equipment specifications; and
(5) Codes and standards used to design, build, and operate the process.
(B) The owner or operator shall ensure that the process is designed in compliance with recognized and generally accepted good engineering practices. Compliance with federal or state regulations that address industry-specific safe design or with industry-specific design codes and standards may be used to demonstrate compliance with this paragraph.
(C) The owner or operator shall update the safety information if a major change occurs that makes the information inaccurate.
Prior History: (Effective:
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 10/22/2009 and 10/23/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3753.02
Rule Amplifies: 3753
Prior Effective Dates: 8/13/99, 7/01/05 )