(A) The director may approve assistance for the following types of assistance proposals after conducting a limited environmental review, provided that the assistance proposals also meet the conditions under paragraph (B) of this rule:
(1) Actions in sewered communities that are for minor upgrading and/or minor expansion of existing treatment works including, but not limited to, minor rehabilitation of existing facilities, infiltration and inflow correction, functional replacement of existing mechanical equipment or structures, and construction of new ancillary facilities adjacent or appurtenant to existing facilities. This category does not include actions that directly or indirectly involve the extension of new collection sewer systems.
(2) Actions in unsewered communities where on-site wastewater treatment technologies are proposed.
(3) Nonpoint source pollution control actions consisting of non-structural practices or minor removal of surface or sub-surface structures on disturbed, abandoned industrial sites.
(B) A limited environmental review may be performed only if the director determines that the assistance proposal and the disposal system, or the overall activities, of which the assistance proposal is a part:
(1) Will have no potential for associated significant adverse environmental impact;
(2) Will not require extensive impact mitigation unique to the assistance proposal;
(3) Is not the subject of significant public interest;
(4) Will not create a new, or relocate an existing, discharge to surface or ground waters, or cause pollution of surface or ground waters;
(5) Will not result in substantial increases in the volume of discharge, or the loading of pollutants from an existing source or from new facilities to receiving waters; and
(6) Will not provide capacity to serve a population substantially greater than the existing population.
(C) The director shall document and give public notice of the director's decision to conduct a limited environmental review through issuance of a limited environmental review document.