[Comment: For dates of non-regulatory government publications, publications of recognized organizations and associations, federal rules, and federal statutory provisions referenced in this rule, see paragraph (C) of rule 3745-20-01 of the Administrative Code titled "Referenced materials."]
(A) Any owner or operator of a new source to which this chapter applies with the exception of sources subject to rules 3745-20-04(demolition and renovation), 3745-20-09 (roadways), 3745-20-14 (insulating), and 3745-20-15 (spraying) of the Administrative Code, and which has an initial start up date preceding November 20, 1990, was required to provide the following information to the director postmarked or delivered by February 18, 1991. In the case of a new source that does not have an initial start up date preceding November 20, 1990, the information shall be provided by the owner or operator, postmarked or delivered, within ninety days of the initial start up date of that source. Any owner or operator of an existing source was required to provide the following information to the director within ninety days of November 20, 1990, unless the owner or operator of the existing source has previously provided this information to the director:
(1) A description of the emission control equipment used for each process; and
(2) If a fabric filter device is used to control emissions,
(a) The airflow permeability in cubic feet per minute per square foot if the fabric filter device uses a woven fabric, and, if the fabric is synthetic, whether the fill yarn is spun or not spun; and
(b) The density in ounces per square yard, the minimum thickness in inches, and the airflow permeability in cubic feet per minute per square foot, if the fabric filter device uses a felted fabric.
(3) If a HEPA filter is used to control emissions, the certified efficiency.
(4) For asbestos waste disposal handling sources subject to rule 3745-20-05 of the Administrative Code:
(a) A brief description of each process that generates asbestos-containing waste material; and
(b) The average volume of asbestos-containing waste material disposed of, measured in cubic yards per day; and
(c) The emission control methods used in all stages of waste disposal; and
(d) The type of disposal site or treatment site used for ultimate disposal, the name of the site operator, and the name and location of the disposal site.
(a) A brief description of the site; and
(b) The method or methods used to comply with the standard, or alternative procedures to be used.
(B) Any changes in the information provided for paragraph (A) of this rule by any existing source shall be provided to the director, postmarked or delivered, within thirty days after the change.
(C) All owners and operators of sources except roadways, demolition and renovation, spraying, and insulating materials shall comply with this paragraph. In addition to the information required in paragraph (A) of this rule, the owner or operator of each existing source or each new source which had an initial start up before the effective date of this rule shall provide the following information in writing to the director within ninety days after the effective date of this rule. The information described in this rule must be reported using the format provided in 40 CFR Part 61, Appendix A:
(1) Name and address of the owner or operator.
(2) The location of the source.
(3) The type of hazardous air pollutants potentially emitted by the stationary source.
(4) A brief description of the nature, size, design, and method of operation of the stationary source including the operating design capacity of the source. The description must identify each point or fugitive source of emission for each hazardous air pollutant.
(5) The average weight per month of the hazardous materials being processed by the source over the last twelve months preceding the date of the report.
(6) A description of the existing control equipment for each emission point including:
(a) Each control device for each hazardous air pollutant; and
(b) Estimated control efficiency (per cent) for each control device.
(7) A statement by the owner or operator of the source as to whether the source can comply with the standards within ninety days after the effective date.
(D) Any changes in the information provided for paragraph (C) of this rule by any existing source shall be provided to the director, postmarked or delivered, within thirty days after the change.
(E) No person shall install or operate a new source regulated under rule 3745-20-06, 3745-20-10, 3745-20-11, or 3745-20-13 of the Administrative Code unless the owner or operator applies for and obtains from the Ohio EPA a permit-to-install and operate pursuant to Chapter 3745-31 of the Administrative Code; or, a permit-to-install pursuant to Chapter 3745-31 of the Administrative Code and a permit-to-operate pursuant to Chapter 3745-77 of the Administrative Code, as applicable.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 11/30/2011 and 11/30/2016
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3704.03(E)
Rule Amplifies: 3704.03(A), 3704.03(E)
Prior Effective Dates: 5/29/90, 11/18/02, 2/25/04, 2/2/07