(A) Notification requirement.
(1) Except as provided in paragraphs (A)(2) of this rule, a large quantity handler of universal waste shall have sent written notification of universal waste management to the director, and received a USEPA identification number, before meeting or exceeding the five thousand kilogram storage limit.
(2) A large quantity handler of universal waste who has already notified Ohio EPA of hazardous waste management activities and has received a USEPA identification number is not required to renotify under this rule.
(B) This notification shall include in the following:
(1) The universal waste handler's name and mailing address.
(2) The name and business telephone number of the person at the universal waste handler's site who should be contacted regarding universal waste management activities.
(3) The address or physical location of the universal waste management activities.
(4) A list of all of the types of universal waste managed by the handler (e.g., batteries, pesticides, mercury-containing equipment, lamps, aerosol containers, antifreeze, or paint or paint-related wastes).
(5) A statement indicating that the handler is accumulating more than five thousand kilograms of universal waste at one time.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 9/11/2017 and 12/21/2022
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3734.12
Rule Amplifies: 3734.12
Prior Effective Dates: 09/02/1997, 12/07/2004, 9/5/2010