Terms are defined as follows:
(C) "Clerk" means the clerk of the township.
(F) "Facility" means any site, location, tract of land, installation, or building used for incineration, composting, sanitary landfilling, or other methods of disposal of solid wastes or, if the solid wastes consist of scrap tires, for the collection, storage, or processing of the solid wastes; for the transfer of solid wastes; for the treatment of infectious wastes; or for the storage, treatment, or disposal of hazardous waste.
(1) "Incinerator" means any equipment, machine, device, article, contrivance, structure, or part of a structure used to burn solid or infectious wastes to ash.
(3) "Infectious wastes" means any wastes or combination of wastes that includes cultures and stocks of infectious agents and associated biologicals, human blood and blood products, and substances that were or are likely to have been exposed to or contaminated with or are likely to transmit an infectious agent or zoonotic agent, including all of the following:
(a) Laboratory wastes ;
(b) Pathological wastes, including human and animal tissues, organs, body parts, and body fluids and excreta that are contaminated with or are likely to be contaminated with infectious agents or zoonotic agents;
(c) Animal blood and blood products;
(d) Animal carcasses and parts;
(e) Waste materials from the rooms of humans, or the enclosures of animals, that have been isolated because of diagnosed communicable disease that are likely to transmit infectious agents. Also included are waste materials from the rooms of patients who have been placed on blood and body fluid precautions under the universal precaution system established by the "Centers for Disease Control" in the public health service of the United States department of health and human services, if specific wastes generated under the universal precautions system have been identified as infectious wastes by rules referred to in paragraph (I)(3) (g) of this rule.
(f) Sharp wastes used in the treatment, diagnosis, or inoculation of human beings or animals ;
(g) Any other waste materials generated in the diagnosis, treatment, or immunization of human beings or animals, in research pertaining thereto, or in the production of testing of biologicals, that the public health council created in section 3701.33 of the Revised Code, by rules adopted in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code, identifies as infectious wastes after determining that the wastes present a substantial threat to human health when improperly managed because they are contaminated with, or are likely to be contaminated with, infectious agents ; and
(h) Any other waste materials the generator designates as infectious waste.
(1) "Off-site infectious waste treatment facility" means any facility for which a license is required under division (B) of section 3734.05 of the Revised Code or any solid waste incineration facility with a license issued under division (A) of section 3734.05 of the Revised Code which includes a notation authorizing the treatment of infectious wastes.
(2) "Operator" or "facility operator" means the person responsible for the on-site supervision of technical operations and maintenance of a solid waste, construction and demolition debris, infectious waste, or industrial facility, or any parts thereof, which may affect the performance of the facility and its potential health or environmental impact or any person who has authority to make discretionary decisions concerning the daily operation of the solid waste, construction and demolition debris, infectious waste, or industrial facility. "Operator" or "facility operator" also means the person responsible for the supervision of technical operations of a scrap tire transportation business.
(3) "Owner" means the person who holds title to the land on which the solid waste facility, industrial facility, construction and demolition debris facility, infectious waste treatment facility, or scrap tire transportation business is located or the person who owns a majority controlling interest in the facility.
(T) "Treasurer" means the treasurer of a municipal corporation.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 11/29/2012 and 03/01/2018
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3734.021 , 3734.026
Rule Amplifies: 3734.021 , 3734.024 , 3734.026
Prior Effective Dates: 11/17/88 (Emer), 3/9/89 (Emer), 6/12/89, 3/10/93, 3/9/09