(A) The purpose of this chapter is to establish as part of a state pretreatment program under Chapter 6111. of the Revised Code, enforceable state requirements and standards regulating the introduction of pollutants into POTWs by industrial users.
(B) This chapter has the following objectives:
(1) To prevent the introduction of pollutants into POTWs that will interfere with the operation of a POTW, including interference with the use or disposal of its sludge;
(2) To prevent the introduction of pollutants into POTWs that will pass through the treatment works or otherwise be incompatible with such works; and
(3) To improve opportunities to recycle and reclaim municipal and industrial wastewaters and sludges.
(C) The provisions of this chapter apply to:
(1) Pollutants from non-domestic sources covered by pretreatment standards that are indirectly discharged into, or transported by truck or rail or otherwise introduced into, the POTWs as defined by this chapter;
(2) POTWs that receive wastewater from sources subject to pretreatment standards; and
(3) Any new or existing source subject to pretreatment standards. Pretreatment standards do not apply to sources connected to a sewer that is not connected to a POTW.
(D) Nothing in this chapter shall be interpreted to prevent the director or a POTW from imposing additional or more stringent requirements or standards on any industrial user pursuant to applicable provisions of law.
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 6111.03(Q) , 6111.042
Rule Amplifies: 6111.03(Q) , 6111.042
Prior Effective Dates: 11/1/1984 (Emer.), 1/31/1985, 5/21/2001, 2/1/2007