(A) Applications. All permit applications shall be signed as follows:
(1) For a corporation; by a principal executive officer of at least the level of vice president;
(2) For a partnership or sole proprietorship; by a general partner or the proprietor, respectively; or
(3) For a municipality, state, federal, or other public agency; by either a principal executive or ranking elected official.
(B) Reports. All reports required by permits, other information requested by the director, and all permit applications submitted under rule 3745-34-12 of the Administrative Code shall be signed by a person described in paragraph (A) of this rule, or by a duly authorized representative of that person. A person is a duly authorized representative only if:
(1) The authorization is made in writing by a person described in paragraph (A) of this rule;
(2) The authorization specifies either an individual or a position having responsibility for the overall operation of the regulated facility or activity, such as the position of plant manager, operator of a well or a well field, superintendent, or position of equivalent responsibility (a duly authorized representative may thus be either a named individual or any individual occupying a named position); and
(3) The written authorization is submitted to the director.
(C) Changes to authorization. If an authorization under paragraph (B) of this rule is no longer accurate because a different individual or position has responsibility for the overall operation of the facility, a new authorization satisfying the requirements of paragraph (B) of this rule must be submitted to the director prior to or together with any reports, information, or applications to be signed by an authorized representative.
(D) Certification. Any person signing a document under paragraph (A) or (B) of this rule shall make the following certification: "I certify under the penalty of law that I have personally examined and am familiar with the information submitted in this document and all attachments and that, based on my inquiry of those individuals immediately responsible for obtaining the information, I believe that the information is true, accurate, and complete. I am aware that there are significant penalties for submitting false information, including the possibility of fine and imprisonment."
Prior History: (Effective:
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 02/03/2009 and 04/23/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 6111.043
Rule Amplifies: 6111.043
Prior Effective Dates: 12/15/82, 7/25/84 )