(A) The director may issue a class V injection well permit on an area basis, rather than for each well individually, provided that the permit is for class V injection wells:
(1) Described and identified by location in permit application(s) if they are existing wells, except that the director may accept a single description of wells with substantially the same characteristics; and
(2) Within the same well field, facility site, reservoir, project, or similar unit within the state of Ohio; and
(3) Operated by a single owner or operator; and
(4) Used to inject other than hazardous waste.
(B) Area permits shall specify:
(1) The area within which underground injections are authorized, and
(2) The requirements for construction, monitoring, reporting, operation, and abandonment, for all wells authorized by the permit.
(C) The area permit may authorize the permittee to construct, and operate, convert, or plug and abandon, wells in excess of the number specified in the current class V injection well area permit, provided:
(1) The permittee notifies the director at such time as the permit requires; and
(2) The additional well satisfies the criteria in paragraph (A) of this rule and meets the requirements specified in the permit under paragraph (B) of this rule; and
(3) The cumulative effects of drilling and operation of additional injection wells are considered by the director during evaluation of the area permit application and are acceptable to the director.
(D) The director may modify, or revoke and reissue the permit in accordance with rule 3745-34-23 of the Administrative Code, terminate the permit under rule 3745-34-24 of the Administrative Code, or take enforcement action upon a finding that any well authorized by the permit is not in compliance with the terms of the permit.