(A) Coverage. Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter, the director may temporarily permit a specific underground injection which has not otherwise been authorized by rule or permit if:
(1) An imminent and substantial endangerment to the health of persons will result unless a temporary emergency permit is granted; and
(2) Timely application for a permit could not practicably have been made; and
(3) The injection will not result in the movement of fluids into underground sources of drinking water.
(B) Requirements for issuance.
(1) Any temporary permit under paragraph (A) of this rule shall be for no longer term than required to prevent the hazard.
(3) The temporary permit under this rule may be either oral or written. If oral, it must be followed within five calendar days by a written temporary emergency permit.
(4) The director shall condition the temporary permit in any manner he or she determines is necessary to ensure that the injection will not result in the movement of fluids into an underground source of drinking water.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 3745-34-19