(A) In the event the director finds an imminent and substantial danger to public health, safety, or the environment, the director may issue a temporary emergency permit to either of the following:
(1) A non-permitted facility to allow treatment, storage, or disposal of a hazardous waste .
(2) A permitted facility to allow treatment, storage, or disposal of a hazardous waste not covered by an effective permit.
(B) This emergency permit shall provide all of the following:
(1) May be oral or written. If oral, the emergency permit shall be followed in five days by a written emergency permit .
(2) Shall not exceed ninety days in duration and is not renewable .
(3) Shall clearly specify the hazardous wastes to be received, and the manner and location of the treatment, storage, or disposal of the hazardous wastes.
(4) May be revoked by the director at any time without process if the director determines that revocation is appropriate to protect public health, safety, or the environment .
(5) May be modified by the director during the duration of the emergency permit if the director determines that such modification is necessary to protect public health, safety, or the environment .
(6) Shall be accompanied by a public notice that includes all of the following:
(a) Name and telephone number of a contact person at Ohio EPA .
(b) Name and location of the permitted facility .
(c) A brief description of the wastes involved .
(d) A brief description of the action authorized and reasons for authorizing the action.
(e) Duration of the emergency permit .
(7) Shall incorporate, to the extent possible and not inconsistent with the emergency situation, all applicable requirements of rules 3745-50-40 to 3745-50-235 and Chapters 3745-54 to 3745-57, 3745-205, and 3745-266 of the Administrative Code.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 07/01/2015 and 07/01/2020
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3734.02
Rule Amplifies: 3734.02
Prior Effective Dates: 04/15/1981, 03/04/1985, 10/20/1998, 12/07/2000, 03/13/2002, 12/07/2004, 02/16/2009