An eligible academic entity must provide training to all individuals working in a laboratory at the eligible academic entity, as follows:
(A) Training for laboratory workers and students must be commensurate with their duties so they understand the requirements in rules 3745-52-200 to 3745-52-216 of the Administrative Code and can implement them.
(B) An eligible academic entity may provide training for laboratory workers and students in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to:
(1) Instruction by the professor or laboratory manager before or during an experiment; or
(2) Formal classroom training; or
(3) Electronic/written training; or
(4) On-the-job training; or
(5) Written or oral exams.
(C) An eligible academic entity that is a large quantity generator must maintain documentation for the durations specified in paragraph (E) of rule 3745-65-16 of the Administrative Code demonstrating training for all laboratory workers that is sufficient to determine whether laboratory workers have been trained. Examples of documentation demonstrating training may include, but are not limited to, the following:
(1) Sign-in/attendance sheet(s) for training session(s); or
(2) Syllabus for training session; or
(3) Certificate of training completion; or
(4) Test results.
(D) A trained professional must:
(1) Accompany the transfer of unwanted material and hazardous waste when the unwanted material and hazardous waste is removed from the laboratory; and
(2) Make the hazardous waste determination, pursuant to rule 3745-52-11 of the Administrative Code, for unwanted material.