If an eligible academic entity makes the hazardous waste determination pursuant to rule 3745-52-11 of the Administrative Code, for unwanted material in the laboratory, the eligible academic entity shall comply with the following:
(B) If an unwanted material is a hazardous waste, the eligible academic entity shall do the following:
(1) Write the words "hazardous waste" on the container label that is affixed or attached to the container before the hazardous waste may be removed from the laboratory.
(2) Write the appropriate EPA hazardous waste numbers on the label that is associated with the container (or on the label that is affixed or attached to the container, if that is preferred) before the hazardous waste is transported off-site.
(3) Count the hazardous waste toward the eligible academic entity's generator status, pursuant to paragraphs (C) and (D) of rule 3745-51-05 of the Administrative Code, in the calendar month that the hazardous waste determination was made.
(C) A trained professional shall accompany all hazardous waste that is transferred from the laboratories to an on-site central accumulation area or on-site interim or permitted treatment, storage, or disposal facility.
(D) When hazardous waste is removed from the laboratory:
(1) Large quantity generators and small quantity generators shall ensure it is taken directly from the laboratories to an on-site central accumulation area, or on-site interim or permitted treatment, storage, or disposal facility, or transported off-site.
(2) Conditionally exempt small quantity generators shall ensure it is taken directly from the laboratories to any of the types of facilities listed in paragraph (F)(3) of rule 3745-51-05 of the Administrative Code for acute hazardous waste, or in paragraph (G)(3) of rule 3745-51-05 of the Administrative Code for hazardous waste.
(E) An unwanted material that is a hazardous waste is subject to all applicable hazardous waste rules when the unwanted material is removed from the laboratory.