(A) A generator who ships any hazardous waste off-site shall prepare and submit to Ohio EPA the "Hazardous Waste Biennial Report" by March first of each even numbered year. The generator shall prepare the "Hazardous Waste Biennial Report" using Ohio EPA forms EPA 9027, EPA 9028, and EPA 9029 provided by the director upon the request of the generator. The "Hazardous Waste Biennial Report" shall cover generator activities during the previous calendar year, and shall include the following information:
(1) The U.S. EPA identification number, name, and address of the generator.
(2) The calendar year covered by the report.
(3) The U.S. EPA identification number, name, and address for each off-site treatment, storage, or disposal facility to which waste was shipped during the year.
(4) The name and U.S. EPA identification number of each transporter used during the reporting year for shipments to a treatment, storage, or disposal facility.
(5) A description, EPA hazardous waste number (from rules 3745-51-20 to 3745-51-24 or 3745-51-30 to 3745-51-35 of the Administrative Code), U.S. department of transportation hazard class, and quantity of each hazardous waste shipped off-site for shipments to a treatment, storage, or disposal facility. This information shall be listed by U.S. EPA identification number of each such off-site facility to which waste was shipped.
(6) A description of the efforts undertaken during the year to reduce the quantity and toxicity of hazardous waste generated.
(7) A description of the changes in quantity and toxicity of waste actually achieved during the year in comparison to previous years.
(8) The certification signed by the generator or authorized representative.
(B) Any generator who treats, stores, or disposes of hazardous waste on-site shall submit a "Hazardous Waste Biennial Report" covering those wastes in accordance with rules 3745-50-40 to 3745-50-235 and Chapters 3745-54 to 3745-57, 3745-65 to 3745-69, 3745-205, 3745-256, and 3745-266 of the Administrative Code.
[Comment: Reporting for exports of hazardous waste is not required on the "Biennial Report" form; however, 40 CFR 262.83 requires a separate annual report. The annual report is to be submitted to U.S. EPA and not to Ohio EPA.]
[Comment: For dates of non-regulatory government publications, publications of recognized organizations and associations, federal rules, and federal statutory provisions referenced in this rule, see rule 3745-50-11 of the Administrative Code titled "Incorporated by reference."]
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 10/30/2017 and 02/12/2023
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3734.12
Rule Amplifies: 3734.12
Prior Effective Dates: 07/27/1980, 04/15/1981, 05/22/1981 (Emer.), 08/26/1981 (Emer.), 12/02/1981, 01/07/1983, 12/08/1988, 12/30/1989, 09/02/1997, 10/20/1998, 12/07/2000, 03/13/2002, 12/07/2004, 02/16/2009, 02/05/2013