(A) During construction or installation, liners (except in the case of existing portions of piles exempt from paragraph (A)(1) of rule 3745-56-51 of the Administrative Code) and cover systems (e.g., membranes, sheets, or coatings) must be inspected for uniformity, damage, and imperfections (e.g., holes, cracks, thin spots, or foreign materials). Immediately after construction or installation:
(1) Synthetic liners and covers must be inspected to ensure tight seams and joints and the absence of tears, punctures, or blisters; and
(2) Soil-based and admixed liners and covers must be inspected for imperfections including lenses, cracks, channels, root holes, or other structural non-uniformities that may cause an increase in the permeability of the liner or cover.
(B) While a waste pile is in operation, it must be inspected weekly and after storms to detect evidence of any of the following:
(1) Deterioration, malfunctions, or improper operation of run-on and run-off control systems; and
(2) Proper functioning of wind dispersal control systems, where present; and
(3) The presence of leachate in and proper functioning of leachate collection and removal systems, where present.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 3745-56-54
Eff 8-30-84; 12-30-89;
Rule promulgated under: RC Chapter 119.
Rule amplifies: RC 3734.12