(A) Facility site preparation. Prior to initial acceptance of feedstocks, bulking agents, or additives at the facility, the following shall be completed:
(1) Materials placement areas shall be located within enclosed buildings or structures. The area where solid waste is received at the composting facility shall be located within structures that may have one open side.
(2) The floor of the composting facility used for materials placement and storage of materials that will be removed from the facility including but not limited to salvaged materials and materials that are not utilized in the composting process shall be designed and installed to meet the following:
(a) Constructed of an impermeable material such as concrete, asphalt, or metal to prevent the infiltration of leachate into the ground water.
(b) Constructed to withstand at least one hundred and ten per cent of the maximum force in pounds per square inch to be expected during normal operation.
(c) Constructed to prevent any unauthorized discharge of leachate from the facility.
(d) Constructed in such a manner to readily allow wet or dry cleanup operations.
(e) Sloped to direct leachate to collection points and not allow ponding of liquids.
(f) Constructed to direct leachate to the leachate management system.
(g) Designed to withstand the maximum temperatures encountered during composting.
(h) Accessible for annual visual inspection for cracks and breaks.
(i) Constructed with materials that enable repairs to be made.
(j) Constructed to allow heavy equipment operation during inclement weather.
(3) Adequate leachate collection, management, and treatment or disposal shall be provided and proper treatment or disposal facilities shall be used. If conveyance storage structures are utilized, the conveyance storage structures shall provide the following:
(a) For storage tanks, be provided with spill containment.
(b) For storage structures and other leachate handling areas, have a capacity sufficient for proper operation of the facility.
(c) For storage structures, be capable of being monitored or inspected for leaks.
(4) The land surface of the materials placement area shall be greater than or equal to one per cent in slope and less than or equal to six per cent in slope so as to direct surface water to collection points or otherwise control the surface water drainage.
(5) The materials placement area shall be constructed to allow facility operation during inclement weather.
(6) Construction of planned leachate and surface water management structures.
(7) Signs are posted in accordance with rule 3745-560-110 of the Administrative Code.
(B) Verification of preparations. Prior to initial acceptance of feedstocks, bulking agents, or additives, the composting facility shall be inspected and written concurrence shall be received from Ohio EPA acknowledging compliance with this rule.