(A) Facility site preparation. Prior to initial acceptance of feedstocks, bulking agents, or additives at the composting facility the following shall be completed:
(1) The land surface of the materials placement area shall be greater than or equal to one per cent in slope and less than or equal to six per cent in slope so as to direct surface water to collection points or otherwise control the surface water drainage.
(2) Construction of the materials placement area to allow facility operation during inclement weather.
(3) Construction of roads within the facility boundary to allow for passage of vehicles at all times.
(4) Construction of any planned leachate and surface water management structures.
(5) Signs are posted in accordance with rule 3745-560-310 of the Administrative Code.
(B) Initial acceptance of feedstocks. The owner or operator may begin to accept feedstocks, bulking agents, or additives if the owner or operator has submitted a registration application that complies with paragraph (A) of rule 3745-560-301 of the Administrative Code and the owner or operator has complied with paragraph (A) of this rule and one of the following occurs:
(1) The prepared composting facility has been inspected and written concurrence has been received from Ohio EPA acknowledging compliance with this rule.
(2) Ninety days have passed since Ohio EPA received the registration application.
(C) Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph (B) of this rule, the owner and operator shall not begin to accept feedstocks, bulking agents, or additives if not later than ninety days after Ohio EPA received the registration application, the director has provided a written notification of deficiency to the owner or operator that the registration application does not comply with paragraph (A) of rule 3745-560-301 of the Administrative Code or that the owner or operator has not complied with paragraph (A) of this rule. If the owner and operator fail to address the deficiencies, the director may deny the registration application or approve the registration application with a variance or exemption.