(A) At final closure of the landfill or upon closure of any cell, the owner or operator must cover the landfill or cell with a final cover designed and constructed to:
(1) Provide long-term minimization of migration of liquids through the closed landfill; and
(2) Function with minimum maintenance; and
(3) Promote drainage and minimize erosion or abrasion of the cover; and
(4) Accommodate settling and subsidence so that the cover's integrity is maintained; and
(5) Have a permeability less than or equal to the permeability of any bottom liner system or natural subsoils present.
(B) After final closure, the owner or operator must comply with all post-closure requirements contained in rules 3745-55-17 to 3745-55-20 of the Administrative Code, including maintenance and monitoring throughout the post-closure care period(specified in the permit under rule 3745-55-17 of the Administrative Code).
The owner or operator must:
(1) Maintain the integrity and effectiveness of the final cover, including making repairs to the cap as necessary to correct the effects or settling, subsidence, erosion, or other events; and
(2) Continue to operate the leachate collection and removal system until leachate is no longer detected; and
(3) Maintain and monitor the leak detection system in accordance with paragraphs (C)(3)(d) and (C)(4) of rule 3745-57-03 and paragraph (C) of rule 3745-57-05 of the Administrative Code, and comply with all other applicable leak detection system requirements of Chapters 3745-54 to 3745-57 and 3745-205 of the Administrative Code; and
(4) Maintain and monitor the ground water monitoring system and comply with all other applicable requirements of rules 3745-54-90 to 3745-54-99 , 3745-55-01 , and 3745-55-0113745-54-101 of the Administrative Code; and
(5) Prevent run-on and run-off from eroding or otherwise damaging the final cover; and