(A) At final closure of the landfill or upon closure of any cell, the owner or operator must cover the landfill or cell with a final cover designed and constructed to:
(1) Provide long-term minimization of migration of liquids through the closed landfill;
(2) Function with minimum maintenance;
(3) Promote drainage and minimize erosion or abrasion of the cover;
(4) Accommodate settling and subsidence so that the cover's integrity is maintained; and
(5) Have a permeability less than or equal to the permeability of any bottom liner system or natural subsoils present.
(B) After final closure, the owner or operator must comply with all post-closure requirements contained in rules 3745-66-17 to 3745-66-20 of the Administrative Code, including maintenance and monitoring, throughout the post-closure care period. The owner or operator must:
(1) Maintain the integrity and effectiveness of the final cover, including making repairs to the cover as necessary to correct the effects of settling, subsidence, erosion, or other events;
(2) Maintain and monitor the leak detection system in accordance with paragraphs (C)(3)(d) and (C)(4) of rule 3745-68-05 and paragraph (B) of rule 3745-68-04 of the Administrative Code, and comply with all other applicable leak detection system requirements of Chapters 3745-65 to 3745-69 and 3745-256 of the Administrative Code;
(4) Prevent run-on and run-off from eroding or otherwise damaging the final cover; and
(5) Protect and maintain surveyed benchmarks used in complying with rule 3745-68-09 of the Administrative Code.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 04/14/2010 and Exempt
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3734.12
Rule Amplifies: 3734.12
Prior Effective Dates: 04/15/1981, 01/07/1983, 01/30/1986, 11/11/1999, 03/13/2002, 12/07/2004