(A) MSW landfill emissions shall be controlled at each MSW landfill meeting the following three conditions:
(1) The landfill has accepted waste at any time since November 8, 1987, or has additional design capacity available for future waste deposition;
(2) The landfill has a design capacity greater than or equal to 2.5 million megagrams or 2.5 million cubic meters. The landfill may calculate design capacity in either megagrams or cubic meters for comparison with the exemption values. Any density conversions shall be documented and submitted with the report; and
(3) The landfill has a nonmethane organic compound emission rate of fifty megagrams per year or more.
(B) Each MSW landfill meeting the conditions in paragraph (A) of this rule shall install a collection and control system meeting the conditions provided in paragraph (B)(2)(b) of rule 3745-76-07 of the Administrative Code.
(C) Collected MSW landfill emissions shall be controlled through the use of control devices meeting the requirements of paragraph (C)(1), (C)(2), or (C)(3) of this rule.
(1) An open flare designed and operated in accordance with the parameters established in rule 3745-76-15 of the Administrative Code; or
(2) A control system designed and operated to reduce NMOC by ninety-eight weight per cent; or
(3) An enclosed combustor designed and operated to reduce the outlet NMOC concentration to twenty parts per million as hexane by volume, dry basis at three per cent oxygen, or less.