(A) Except as provided in section 6109.21 of the Revised Code, no person shall operate or maintain a public water system in the state of Ohio without a public water system license to operate issued by the director.
(B) Any person proposing to operate or maintain a new public water system shall submit a pre-application, an application and the appropriate fee, as set forth in rule 3745-84-05 of the Administrative Code.
(C) The pre-application for an initial public water system license to operate shall be on a form provided by the director, and the following information shall be provided or verified by the applicant within forty-five days of receipt of the form:
(1) Public water system identification number.
(2) Name, address and telephone number of the public water system.
(3) Name, address and telephone number of legal owner.
(4) Name, address and telephone number of lessee.
(5) Name, address and telephone number of financial contact.
(6) Name, address and telephone number of operator of record.
(7) Population served.
(8) Number of service connections.
(9) Source of water, including purchased and hauled water source.
(10) Number of wells supplying the public water system.
(11) Additional data which may be required by the director.
(D) A completed application for an initial public water system license to operate along with the appropriate fee shall be submitted to the director not less than thirty days prior to operation of the public water system.
(E) Within thirty days of receipt of both a completed application for a public water system license to operate under this rule and the applicable fee, the director shall act on the application by doing one of the following:
(1) Issuing the license to operate.
(F) Submission of a completed application and issuance of a license to operate shall allow the director or an authorized representative of Ohio EPA, upon the presentation of credentials and other documents as may be required by law, to do the following:
(1) Enter upon the premises where a regulated facility or activity is located or conducted or where records must be kept to comply with drinking water requirements under Chapter 6109. of the Revised Code and the rules adopted thereunder.
(2) Access and copy at reasonable times, any records that must be kept to comply with drinking water requirements under Chapter 6109. of the Revised Code and the rules adopted thereunder.
(3) Inspect at reasonable times any facilities or equipment.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 03/17/2014 and 07/01/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3745.11, 6109.04, 6109.21
Rule Amplifies: 6109.21
Prior Effective Dates: 12/01/93, 01/01/99, 04/21/01, 08/03/04, 04/01/09