(A) Except as provided in section 6109.21 of the Revised Code, no person shall operate or maintain a public water system in the state of Ohio without a public water system license issued by the director.
(B) Any person proposing to operate or maintain a new public water system shall submit a pre-application, an application and the appropriate fee, as set forth in rule 3745-84-05 of the Administrative Code.
(C) The pre-application for an initial public water system license shall be on a form provided by the director, and the following information shall be provided or verified by the applicant within forty-five days of receipt of the form:
(1) Public water system identification number;
(2) Name, address and telephone number of the public water system;
(3) Name, address and telephone number of legal owner;
(4) Name, address and telephone number of lessee;
(5) Name, address and telephone number of financial contact;
(6) Name, address and telephone number of operator of record;
(7) Population served;
(8) Number of service connections;
(9) Source(s) of water, including purchased and hauled water sources;
(10) Number of wells supplying the public water system; and
(11) Additional data which may be required by the director.
(D) A completed application for an initial public water system license along with the appropriate fee shall be submitted to the director not less than thirty days prior to operation of the public water system.
(E) Within thirty days of receipt of both a completed application for a public water system license under this rule and the applicable fee, the director shall act on the application by:
(1) Issuing the license;
(2) Issuing the license subject to terms and conditions in accordance with rule 3745-84-06 of the Administrative Code; or
(3) Denying the license in accordance with rule 3745-84-06 of the Administrative Code.
Replaces: Part of 3745-84-01
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 04/01/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3745.11, 6109.04, 6109.21
Rule Amplifies: 6109.21
Prior Effective Dates: 12/01/93, 01/01/99, 04/21/01, 08/03/04