(A) A public water system license to operate issued by the director pursuant to this chapter is the property of the state of Ohio.
(B) A public water system shall return a revoked or suspended license to operate to the director by certified mail within seven days of the effective date of revocation or suspension .
(C) A color-coded license to operate or sign shall be issued by the director representing the status of the license to operate, as follows:
(1) A green license to operate shall be issued to a public water system licensed without conditions.
(2) A yellow license to operate shall be issued to a public water system licensed with conditions.
(3) A red sign shall be issued to a public water system not licensed due to denial , suspension or revocation of the license to operate.
(D) The color-coded license to operate or red sign shall be prominently displayed by the public water system.
(1) Community public water systems shall display the license to operate or red sign at the office of the public water system and notify its customers of the status of its license to operate in the consumer confidence report (CCR) in accordance with Chapter 3745-96 of the Administrative Code. Additionally, community public water systems with a denied, suspended or revoked license to operate shall notify its customers of the status of its license to operate by issuing a tier 1 public notice in accordance with rule 3745-81-32 of the Administrative Code.
(2) Noncommunity public water systems shall display the license to operate or red sign so as to be clearly visible to the general public and to any person entering the facility.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 03/17/2014 and 07/01/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3745.11 , 6109.04 , 6109.21
Rule Amplifies: 6109.21
Prior Effective Dates: 12/01/93, 01/01/99, 04/21/01, 08/03/04, 04/01/09