(A) The commission shall appoint a secretary to hold office at its pleasure. The secretary shall be an officer of the commission and shall perform such duties as the commission prescribes, and shall receive such compensation as the commission fixes in accordance with schedules provided by law for the compensation of state employees.
(B) The secretary's principal duties and responsibilities shall be:
(1) To serve as the legal custodian of the commission's property, papers, and legal and public records.
(2) To process and certify all orders and records of the commission to the appropriate court of appeals when cases are appealed.
(3) To serve upon each party to an appeal a notice of all orders of the commission and to make a notice in the registry of the mailing. Service on a party represented by counsel shall be made on counsel.
(4) To return, upon disposition of the case, the record on appeal to the governmental agency from which it was received.
(5) To enter the findings and orders and other acts of the commission into the journal of the commission.
(6) To file rules adopted by the commission.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 10/01/2013 and 10/01/2018
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 3745.03
Rule Amplifies: 3745.02 , 3745.03 , 3745.04 , 3745.05 , 3745.06
Prior Effective Dates: 10/23/73, 10/6/98, 12/20/08