(A) The time and place of all regularly scheduled meetings or special meetings of the Ohio state racing commission may be obtained by:
(1) Written request sent to the commission office; or
(2) Telephoning the commission office; or
(3) Checking the commission's public website.
(B) Any representative of the news media may obtain notice of all special meetings by requesting in writing that notice be provided and supplying a regular mail or electronic mail address. In the event of a special meeting not of an emergency nature, the commission shall notify all media representatives who have requested notice of the meeting by doing at least one of the following:
(1) Sending written notice, by regular mail or electronic mail no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting;
(2) Notifying media representatives by telephone no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting. Telephone notice shall be complete if a message has been left for the media representative, or if, after reasonable effort, the commission has been unable to provide telephone notice;
(3) Informing the media representative personally no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting.
(C) In the event of a special meeting of an emergency nature requiring immediate official action, the commission shall notify all media representatives who have requested notice of such meeting of the time, place and purpose of the meeting by providing notice as described in paragraphs (B)(1), (B)(2) and (B)(3) of this rule or by notifying the clerk of the state house press room. In such an event, the notice need not be given twenty-four hours prior to the meeting, but shall be given immediately upon completion of the meeting agenda.
(D) All persons who have requested, in writing, advance notification of all meetings of the commission at which specific public matters designated by those persons are scheduled to be discussed shall be placed on the commission's agenda mailing list. The commission shall, within a reasonable time prior to each meeting, post on the commission's public website, or send by electronic mail, or fax, or send by regular mail to those who have requested in writing an agenda of the meeting.