(A) No alteration or condition shall be made in any entry after the time fixed for closing except that an error may be corrected with the consent of the judges.
(B) No change in trainers of a horse, entered and drawn to start, will be permitted. In the event of such change the horse will be scratched and the parties responsible therefor shall be subject to fine or suspension. A change in ownership may be permitted with the approval of the judges.
(C) No owner shall list as the trainer of a horse a person who is not in fact the trainer of such horse, and no trainer shall allow his name to be shown on the declaration form nor the official program as trainer of a horse which he does not in fact have under his care and supervision as trainer of said horse. The judges may require proof that a person listed as the trainer of a horse is in fact the actual trainer of that horse.
Some of the things judges may consider when attempting to determine the trainer of a specific horse are as follows:
(1) The individual is responsible for stable activities, including the authority to hire and replace stable personnel and drivers; payment of expenses the stable incurs; payroll matters; and carrying workers compensation coverage.
(2) The individual is in possession of a valid united states trotting association trainer's license.
(3) The individual has consistently requested the services of a veterinarian to treat horses in his/her stable.
(4) The individual conducts a business relationship with an owner regarding the racing schedules of his/her horses.
(5) The individual is known to have communicated with the racing secretary's office in a business like manner regarding the entering of horses.
(6) The individual is responsible for the rigging and shoeing of a horse.
(7) The individual has been known to accompany specific horses to the paddock.
(8) The individual has shown an ability to warm horses up prior to a race.
(9) The individual is known to have entered into a contractual agreement with an owner regarding the care and training of a specific horse(s).
(D) The individual who performs duties and has the main responsibilities as a trainer concerning a specific horse shall be considered the trainer and as such shall be listed in the program as the trainer of said horse.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 3769-15-06
Prior History: (R.C.
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3769.03
Rule Amplifies: 3769.03
Prior Effective Dates: 3/15/1966, 1/1/1985, 7/2/1992 )