(A) The commission may grant a permit to county or independent agricultural society, as defined by law, to conduct a parimutuel horse racing meeting during its annual fair, provided the dates of the fair have been approved by the Ohio director of agriculture.
(B) An application for a permit must be made by each agricultural society on a form as the commission shall prescribe. The agricultural society shall be charged with the same duties and responsibilities as are commercial permit holders with respect to observance and enforcement of the Revised Code, the rules of racing, and any orders issued by the commission, under penalties provided for in rule 3769-2-99 of the Administrative Code.
(C) No totalizator company may conduct parimutuel wagering during a fair until it has been licensed by the commission. Applications for licenses shall be made on a form prepared by the commission, and shall be accompanied by the required fee contained in rule 3769-2-24 of the Administrative Code. Said application shall include, but shall not be limited to, the following:
(1) A copy of the contract between each county or independent agricultural society and the totalizator company that will conduct parimutuel wagering during the fair.
(2) A balance sheet setting forth the applicant's current net worth verified in writing under oath by the chief operating officer of the applicant.
(3) The wagering formats available for each race.
(4) A statement describing in detail the type of totalizator equipment to be used in conducting parimutuel wagering at the fair. This statement must include a description of the program capabilities of the equipment and its ability to generate any necessary calculations as required by Chapter 3769-3 of the Administrative Code.
(5) Any such other information as the commission may require.
Prior History: (Effective:
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 09/14/2007 and 09/16/2012
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3769.03
Rule Amplifies: 3769.04 ; 3769.082
Prior Effective Dates: 3/15/66, 1/1/85, 6/6/88 )