(A) All persons in the list below shall procure an annual license from the commission, and the fees shall be as follows:
Admission employee $ 15.00
Announcer (race or track) 50.00
Apprentice jockey 50.00
Assistant trainer 50.00
Authorized agent 50.00
Assistant racing secretary 50.00
Assistant starter 50.00
Chief of security 50.00
Clerk of Scales 50.00
Concession employee 15.00
Concession manager 50.00
Eligibility to claim 25.00
Exercise rider 15.00
General manager (other management positions) 100.00
Horsemen's bookkeeper 50.00
Jockey agent 50.00
Jockey room custodian 15.00
Medical and first aid 15.00
Mutuel employee 15.00
Mutuel manager 50.00
Owner's reciprocal validation 50.00
Paddock Judge 50.00
Parking lot employee 15.00
Patrol judge 50.00
Placing judge 50.00
Pony person 15.00
Racing secretary 100.00
Stable name (primary) 50.00
Stable name (secondary) 50.00
State steward 100.00
Supply sales (owner) 100.00
Supply salesman 15.00
Telephone operator 15.00
Veterinarian's assistant 15.00
Special A (professional) 100.00
Special B (technical) 50.00
Special C (clerical/miscellaneous) 15.00
(B) Totalizator companies
(1) No corporation, partnership, association, trust, sole proprietorship, or any other entity that is responsible for the equipment and software used in connection with the conducting and/or servicing of parimutuel wagering at a racetrack or other authorized pari-mutuel wagering facility may conduct said pari-mutuel wagering until it has been licensed by the commission. Applications for annual licenses shall be made on a form prepared by the commission, which shall be available upon request, and when submitted, fully completed, shall be accompanied by the required fee of one thousand dollars. Said application shall include, but shall not be limited to, the following:
(a) A copy of the contract (excluding information relative to proprietary trade secret information) between each racetrack or other authorized pari-mutuel wagering facility and the corporation, partnership, association, trust, sole proprietorship, or any other entity that is responsible for the conducting of an/or servicing of pari-mutuel wagering during the racing meeting or at the authorizing pari-mutuel wagering facility;
(b) Certified financial statement setting forth the applicant's current net worth, verified in writing under oath by the chief operating officer of the applicant;
(c) A detailed statement of the wagering formats available for each race.
(d) A statement describing in detail the type of totalizator equipment to be used in the conducting of pari-mutuel wagering at the racetrack or at the authorized pari-mutuel wagering facility. This statement must include, but is not limited to, a description of the program capabilities of the equipment and its ability to generate any necessary calculations, its ability to interface where applicable, as well as a procedures manual which specifically identifies a reasonable audit procedure;
(e) Any such other information as the commission may require.
(2) Any totalizator company which is involved in the computerized calculation of mutuel payoffs and/or mutuel totals for any Ohio permit holder must have the computer equipment performing such work physically located within the state of Ohio except as provided in paragraph (B)(5) of this rule. Such computer equipment may be located at a race track in Ohio, at a computer hub or a regional computer center or any other facility located in the state of Ohio and approved by the Ohio state racing commission. This portion of this rule does not necessarily apply when a permit holder in Ohio is receiving a simulcast from a race track located outside the state of Ohio.
(3) All persons employed in or by any totalizator company or facility, as described in paragraph (B)(2) of this rule, must be individually licensed by the Ohio state racing commission. The license fee for any totalizator management supervisory employee shall be one hundred dollars and the license fee for all other employees shall be fifty dollars.
(4) This rule shall not apply to restricted totalizator companies which work only county and/or independent fairs.
(5) A totalizator company which is involved in the computerized calculation of mutuel payoffs and/or mutuel totals for any Ohio permit holder may have the computer equipment performing such work physically located outside the state of Ohio only for an Ohio permit holder whose ownership has racing facilities outside of the state of Ohio and who utilize the same totalizator company. A totalizator company who maintains their computer equipment outside of the state of Ohio shall timely provide the Ohio state racing commission with all data that is required to be reported by a totalizator company who maintains their computer equipment in the state of Ohio. All persons employed by any out-of-state totalizator company or facility doing work for an Ohio permit holder must be individually licensed by the Ohio state racing commission. The license fee for any totalizator management supervisory employee shall be one hundred dollars and the license fee for all other employees shall be fifty dollars.
(C) Any breeder who wishes to participate in the Ohio thoroughbred race fund program as defined in section 3769.083 of the Ohio Revised Code must receive a breeders license in the amount of ten dollars. Breeders may be required to submit an additional amount to cover the cost of fingerprinting if the executive director determines the breeder should be fingerprinting.
(D) Restricted license, county fairs:
Totalizator $ 100.00
All quarter horse participants 10.00
Mutuel employees 10.00
Racing official 10.00
Special D (miscellaneous) 10.00
(E) As part of the licensing fee, and in addition to those amounts listed in paragraphs (A) and (B) of this rule, all applicants shall be charged the necessary fees, to cover all fingerprinting costs once every five years.
(F) Any person who has lost his or her license shall be required to acquire a duplicate license from the commission for a fee of fifteen dollars. Should the original license be found, the licensee shall return the duplicate license to the stewards or to the commission.
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3769.03
Rule Amplifies: 3769.03
Prior Effective Dates: 1/1/76, 1/1/84, 1/1/85, 10/15/85, 6/1/88, 10/14/88, 1/1/93, 12/5/94, 6/1/95, 5/15/96, 10/5/06, 2/2/08, 3/5/09