(A) Regular meetings. The commission shall hold a regular meeting with the director at least once each month.
(B) Special meetings. Special meetings of the commission shall be convened at the request of the chairperson or any five of the commissioners.
(C) Emergency special meetings. Emergency special meetings of the commission shall be convened at the request of the chairperson or any five of the commissioners. An emergency special meeting shall be convened only when an emergency has arisen which, in the determination of the conveners, requires immediate attention or action. An emergency special meeting shall be held at the commission's headquarters or such other place designated by the conveners of the meeting.
(D) General public notice of meetings.
(1) Any person may ascertain the time, place and purpose of regular meetings and special meetings by:
(a) Writing, with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope, to:
Office of Legal Counsel
Ohio Lottery Commission
615 W. Superior Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44113-1879;"
(b) Calling the Office of Legal Counsel, Ohio lottery commission, at (216) 774-5597 during normal business hours; or
(c) Viewing the lottery's website.
(2) Any person may receive notice of the time, place and agenda of all regular and special meetings of the commission. The lottery shall maintain a list of all persons who have made written requests for such notification. Such notice shall be mailed or sent electronically no later than five calendar days prior to the date of the meeting.
(3) Any person who collects or disseminates news to the public and who requests general notice of regular and special meetings under paragraph (D)(2) of this rule may also receive notice of emergency meetings. Such notification shall include the time, place and purpose of the emergency meeting. It shall be given in person or by telephone to the representative designated under paragraph (D)(4) of this rule at least twenty-four hours before the time of the meeting. If that representative cannot be reached personally or by telephone, the notification shall be sent by telefax, overnight mail or electronically to said representative at least twenty-four hours before the time of the meeting.
(4) Requests for general notices of regular and special meetings of the commission under paragraph (D)(2) of this rule must be made in writing and must clearly state the address or electronic mailing address to which notices are to be mailed or sent electronically. If the person requesting such general notice is a corporation, partnership or other form of organization, its request shall specify the name or title of an individual representative to whose attention notices shall be directed. Only one notice of any given meeting will be mailed or sent electronically to any single organization.
(5) Requests from persons who collect or disseminate news to the public for notice of emergency meetings under paragraph (D)(3) of this rule shall state no more than two telephone numbers at which the representative of such person who is designated under paragraph (D)(4) of this rule to receive general notices may be reached for the purpose of receiving notices of emergency meetings.
(E) Notice of meetings to the commission and the director.
(1) Written notice of the time, place and agenda of any regular or special meeting shall be given to each commissioner and the director at least five days before the date of the meeting. Notice shall be deemed given on the day it is sent electronically to the person at the most recent electronic mail address or placed in the first class mail, postage prepaid, addressed to the person at the most recent postage address, in the records of the commission.
(2) Notice of the time, place and purpose of any emergency meeting shall be given to the commissioners and the director in person or by telephone at least twenty-four hours before the time of the meeting. If the person entitled to notice cannot be reached, notice shall also be given by telefax, overnight mail or electronically at least twenty-four hours before the time of the meeting.
(3) Notice of any meeting may be waived in writing by any person entitled to receive it under paragraph (D) of this rule at any time before or after a meeting.
(F) Procedures. Except as otherwise provided by these rules or a decision of the commission, meetings of the commission will be conducted in accordance with Robert's Rules of Order.
(G) Quorum: Voting. Five commissioners shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of any business at a meeting of the commission. Each commissioner present at a meeting, including the chairperson and vice chairperson, may make or second a motion, or call a question, and may vote on any question before the meeting.
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3770.03
Rule Amplifies: 3770.01, 3770.02, 3770.03, 3770.04, 3770.05, 3770.06, 3770.07, 3770.08
Prior Effective Dates: 6/8/07