(A) Title and term. Ohio lottery commission game number thirty-seven, "Bingohio," shall be conducted at such times and for such periods as the commission may determine. For the purpose of this rule, "sales cycle" shall mean any such period beginning on the date when ticket sales are commenced and continuing through the date established by the director as the date on which agents are to make their final settlement in respect to tickets allocated to them during the period in game number thirty-seven.
(B) General design.
(1) Game number thirty-seven is a lottery game of the type generally known as an "instant lottery."
(2) As used in this rule, "prize award" shall mean a free ticket, or one of the following monetary amounts: two dollars, four dollars, five dollars, ten dollars, twenty dollars, fifty dollars, fifty thousand dollars, and one hundred thousand dollars. Each ticket in game number thirty-seven shall be imprinted with nine prize awards, from the set listed above. These prize awards shall be concealed by an opaque covering which can be scraped off by the holder of the ticket to reveal the underlying prize awards. Holders of valid tickets on which at least three of the prize awards are the same shall win a prize award called a "regular prize" equal to such prize award. Such tickets shall be called "winning tickets."
(3) After any given sales cycle in game number thirty-seven, prizes called "grand drawing prizes" shall be awarded in a single drawing called a "grand drawing." All holders of valid winning tickets winning prizes of a free ticket, may become eligible to be selected to participate in the grand drawing by complying with the special claim, entry, receipt and validation requirements of this rule, and with all other applicable requirements of the rules of the commission, the regulations of the director, and the procedures established by the director.
(C) Price of tickets. The price of a ticket issued by the commission in game number thirty-seven shall be one dollar.
(D) Structure, nature and value of prize awards.
(1) There shall be two types of prizes in game number thirty-seven, called "regular prizes," and "grand drawing prizes."
(2) The only prizes which shall appear on a ticket in game number thirty-seven are: free ticket, two dollars, four dollars, five dollars, ten dollars, twenty dollars, fifty dollars, fifty thousand dollars, and one hundred thousand dollars.
(a) The holder of a valid ticket displaying a free ticket in three separate boxes in any row, column, or diagonal on the ticket shall win a regular prize of a free ticket.
(b) The holder of a valid ticket displaying two dollars in three separate boxes in any row, column, or diagonal on the ticket shall win a regular prize of two dollars.
(c) The holder of a valid ticket displaying four dollars in three separate boxes in any row, column, or diagonal on the ticket shall win a regular prize of four dollars.
(d) The holder of a valid ticket displaying five dollars in three separate boxes in any row, column, or diagonal on the ticket shall win a regular prize of five dollars.
(e) The holder of a valid ticket displaying ten dollars in three separate boxes in any row, column, or diagonal on the ticket shall win a regular prize of ten dollars.
(f) The holder of a valid ticket displaying twenty-five dollars in three separate boxes in any row, column, or diagonal on the ticket shall win a regular prize of twenty-five dollars.
(g) The holder of a valid ticket displaying fifty dollars in three separate boxes in any row, column, or diagonal on the ticket shall win a regular prize of fifty dollars.
(h) The holder of a valid ticket displaying fifty thousand dollars in three separate boxes in any row, column, or diagonal shall win a regular prize of fifty thousand dollars.
(i) The holder of a valid ticket displaying one hundred thousand dollars in three separate boxes in any row, column, or diagonal shall win a regular prize of one hundred thousand dollars.
(j) In addition, a player wins a "double prize" (twice the prize in the "prize box") if he/she finds the circled numbers in all four corners.
(k) If a ticket bears two sets of three prize awards, only the higher prize award will be won.
(3) Eligible holders selected for the grand drawing shall be entitled to participate in such drawing, in which the following grand drawing prizes shall be awarded:
(a) One prize of one million dollars.
(b) One prize of forty thousand dollars; one prize of twenty thousand dollars; one prize of ten thousand dollars; and six prizes of five thousand dollars.
(E) Number of prize awards. The number of prize awards in any sales cycle of game number thirty-seven will depend upon the number of tickets sold during that cycle. Tickets shall be printed in accordance with this rule using random techniques in order that:
(1) Combinations winning each prize award are randomly distributed throughout all tickets printed in any given ticket issuance; and
(2) Mathematical reasoning indicates that over a sufficiently large number of tickets sold, the average number of winning tickets per one million tickets sold will be as follows:
(a) For each fifteen million tickets sold, ten tickets winning fifty thousand dollars and five tickets winning one hundred thousand dollars;
(b) For each one million tickets sold:
(i) Three hundred thirty tickets winning fifty dollars;
(ii) Eight hundred eighty tickets winning twenty-five dollars;
(iii) Three thousand tickets winning ten dollars;
(iv) Eight thousand tickets winning five dollars;
(v) Twenty-one thousand six hundred tickets winning four dollars;
(vi) Eighty thousand tickets winning two dollars; and
(vii) Fifty-eight thousand four hundred tickets winning a free ticket.
(3) The number of grand drawing prizes shall be in accordance with paragraph (D)(3) of this rule.
(F) Frequency of prize drawings.
(1) The random imprinting of prize awards on all tickets issued in game number thirty-seven shall be accomplished in a manner which complies with the commission's rules and procedures authorized thereunder.
(2) When a ticket issued in game number thirty-seven is sold or deemed sold in accordance with this rule, and the covering material over any of the numbers has been removed, the holder shall be deemed to have drawn the numbers on that ticket which determine whether the holder is entitled to a regular prize. All regular prizes shall be deemed to be announced no later than the last day of the sales cycle of game number thirty-seven in which the ticket was sold.
(3) One grand drawing shall be held after each sales cycle of game number thirty-seven. The grand drawing shall be held on a date to be determined and announced by the director, which date shall be a reasonable period of time after the end of the sales cycle.
(G) Special claim, entry receipt and validation procedures. The director shall establish special entry, claim receipt and validation procedures, including procedures for validation by agents of tickets winning prizes which are to be paid by agents in accordance with these rules.
(H) Validity of tickets.
(1) A mechanical error in printing prize awards or other numbers on a ticket shall not automatically invalidate that ticket. To the extent feasible, the director shall establish procedures by which the holder of any ticket on which information is incorrectly printed due to mechanical malfunction can be advised of correct information for the ticket. If it is not technically feasible to recover the information from a mechanically misprinted ticket, the director may declare the ticket void and the holder shall be entitled to a return of the ticket price, or a replacement ticket.
(2) In addition to, but not in limitation of, all other power and authority conferred on the director by the commission's rules, the director may declare a ticket in game number thirty-seven to be void if it is stolen, unissued, not sold or deemed not sold in accordance with commission rules; if it is illegible, mutilated, altered, counterfeit, misregistered, reconstituted, miscut, defective, printed or produced in error or incomplete; or if any portion of the "void if removed" number is exposed; or if the ticket fails any of the validation tests or procedures established by the director pursuant hereto. The commission's liability and responsibility for a ticket declared void, if any, is limited to the refund of the retail sales price of the ticket, or the issuance of a replacement ticket.
(I) Director's conduct of game number thirty-seven.
(1) The director shall conduct game number thirty-seven in a manner consistent with the Lottery Act, the rules of the commission, including without limitation, this rule and the regulations of the director. As he deems it necessary or advisable, the director shall adopt management regulations, orders or directives to implement and operate this lottery game. The director shall inform the public of the provisions of this rule, and the procedures established pursuant hereto, which affect the play of the game number thirty-seven.
(2) Names and definitions of elements of game number thirty-seven used in this rule are to be considered generic terms used solely for the purposes of this rule. In actual operations, game number thirty-seven and these elements may be given names or titles chosen by the commission.