(A) Title and term. Ohio lottery commission game number thirty-eight, "$100,000 Holiday Match," shall be conducted at such times and for such periods as the commission may determine. For the purpose of this rule, "sales cycle" shall mean any such period beginning on the date when ticket sales are commenced and continuing through the date established by the director as the date on which agents are to make their final settlement in respect to tickets allocated to them during the period in game number thirty-eight.
(B) General design.
(1) Game number thirty-eight is a lottery game of the type generally known as an "instant lottery."
(2) As used in this rule, "prize award" shall mean one of the following monetary amounts: two dollars, five dollars, twenty dollars, fifty dollars, and one hundred thousand dollars. Each ticket in game number thirty-eight shall be imprinted with five prize awards from the set listed above. These prize awards shall be concealed by an opaque covering which can be scraped off by the holder of the ticket to reveal the underlying prize awards. Holders of valid tickets on which at least three of the prize awards are the same shall win a prize award called a "regular prize" equal to such prize award. Such tickets shall be called "winning tickets."
(C) Price of tickets. The price of a ticket issued by the commission in game number thirty-eight shall be one dollar.
(D) Structure, nature and value of prize awards.
(1) There shall be one type of prize in game number thirty-eight, namely, a "regular prize."
(2) The only prizes which shall appear on a ticket in game number thirty-eight are: two dollars, five dollars, twenty dollars, fifty dollars, and one hundred thousand dollars.
(a) The holder of a valid ticket displaying two dollars in three separate boxes in any row, column, or diagonal on the ticket shall win a regular prize of two dollars.
(b) The holder of a valid ticket displaying five dollars in three separate boxes in any row, column, or diagonal on the ticket shall win a regular prize of five dollars.
(c) The holder of a valid ticket displaying twenty dollars in three separate boxes in any row, column, or diagonal on the ticket shall win a regular prize of twenty dollars.
(d) The holder of a valid ticket displaying fifty dollars in three separate boxes in any row, column, or diagonal on the ticket shall win a regular prize of fifty dollars.
(e) The holder of a valid ticket displaying one hundred thousand dollars in three separate boxes in any row, column, or diagonal on the ticket shall win a regular prize of one hundred thousand dollars.
(f) If a ticket bears two sets of three prize awards, only the higher prize award will be won.
(E) Number of prize awards. The number of prize awards in any sales cycle of game number thirty-eight will depend upon the number of tickets sold during that cycle. Tickets shall be printed in accordance with this rule using random techniques in order that:
(1) Combinations winning each prize award are randomly distributed throughout all tickets printed in any given ticket issuance; and
(2) Mathematical reasoning indicates that over a sufficiently large number of tickets sold, the average number of winning tickets sold will be as follows:
(a) For each nine million tickets sold, nine tickets winning one hundred thousand dollars;
(b) For each one million tickets sold:
(i) Six hundred thirty-two tickets winning fifty dollars;
(ii) Two thousand six hundred thirty-five tickets winning twenty dollars;
(iii) Seventeen thousand nine hundred fifteen tickets winning five dollars;
(iv) One hundred twenty-three thousand eight hundred twenty-seven tickets winning two dollars.
(F) Frequency of prize drawings.
(1) The random imprinting of prize awards on all tickets issued in game number thirty-eight shall be accomplished in a manner which complies with the commission's rules and procedures authorized thereunder.
(2) When a ticket issued in game number thirty-eight is sold or deemed sold in accordance with this rule, and the covering material over any of the numbers has been removed, the holder shall be deemed to have drawn the numbers on that ticket which determine whether the holder is entitled to a regular prize. All regular prizes shall be deemed to be announced no later than the last day of the sales cycle of game number thirty-eight in which the ticket was sold.
(G) Special claim, entry receipt and validation procedures. The director shall establish special entry, claim receipt and validation procedures, including procedures for validation by agents of tickets winning prizes which are to be paid by agents in accordance with these rules.
(H) Validity of tickets.
(1) A mechanical error in printing prize awards or other numbers on a ticket shall not automatically invalidate that ticket. To the extent feasible, the director shall establish procedures by which the holder of any ticket on which information is incorrectly printed due to mechanical malfunction can be advised of correct information for the ticket. If it is not technically feasible to recover the information from a mechanically misprinted ticket, the director may declare the ticket void and the holder shall be entitled to a return of the ticket price, or a replacement ticket.
(2) In addition to, but not in limitation of, all other power and authority conferred on the director by the commission's rules, the director may declare a ticket in game number thirty-eight to be void if it is stolen, unissued, not sold or deemed not sold in accordance with commission rules; if it is illegible, mutilated, altered, counterfeit, misregistered, reconstituted, miscut, defective, printed or produced in error or incomplete; or if any portion of the "void if removed" number is exposed; or if the ticket fails any of the validation tests or procedures established by the director pursuant hereto. The commission's liability and responsibility for a ticket declared void, if any, is limited to the refund of the retail sales price of the ticket, or the issuance of a replacement ticket.
(I) Director's conduct of game number thirty-eight.
(1) The director shall conduct game number thirty-eight in a manner consistent with the Lottery Act, the rules of the commission, including without limitation, this rule and the regulations of the director. As he deems it necessary or advisable, the director shall adopt management regulations, orders or directives to implement and operate this lottery game. The director shall inform the public of the provisions of this rule, and the procedures established pursuant hereto, which affect the play of game number thirty-eight.
(2) Names and definitions of elements of game number thirty-eight used in this rule are to be considered generic terms used solely for the purposes of this rule. In actual operations, game number thirty-eight and these elements may be given names or titles chosen by the commission.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 3770:1-7-38