(A) Title and term. Ohio lottery commission game number fifty-four, "Holiday Cash II," shall be conducted at such times and for such periods as the commission may determine. For the purpose of this rule, "sales cycle" shall mean any such period beginning on the date when ticket sales are commenced and continuing through the date established by the director as the date on which agents are to make their final settlement in respect to tickets allocated to them during the period in game number fifty-four.
(B) General design.
(1) Game number fifty-four is a lottery game of the type generally known as an "instant lottery."
(2) As used in this rule, "prize award" shall mean the following monetary amounts: two dollars, five dollars, twenty-five dollars, fifty dollars, one hundred dollars, and five hundred dollars. Each ticket in game number fifty-four shall be imprinted with six prize awards from the set listed above. These prize awards shall be concealed by an opaque covering which can be scraped off by the holder of the ticket to reveal the underlying prize awards. Holders of valid tickets on which at least three of the prize awards are the same shall win a prize award called a "regular prize" equal to such prize award. Such tickets shall be called "winning tickets."
(C) Price of tickets. The price of a ticket issued by the commission in game number fifty-four shall be one dollar.
(D) Structure, nature and value of prize awards.
(1) There shall be one type of prize in game number fifty-four, a "regular prize."
(2) The only prizes which shall appear on a ticket in game number fifty-four are two dollars, five dollars, twenty-five dollars, fifty dollars, one hundred dollars, and five hundred dollars.
(a) The holder of a valid ticket on which at least three of the prize awards are two dollars shall win a regular prize of two dollars.
(b) The holder of a valid ticket on which at least three of the prize awards are five dollars shall win a regular prize of five dollars.
(c) The holder of a valid ticket on which at least three of the prize awards are twenty-five dollars shall win a regular prize of twenty-five dollars.
(d) The holder of a valid ticket on which at least three of the prize awards are fifty dollars shall win a regular prize of fifty dollars.
(e) The holder of a valid ticket on which at least three of the prize awards are one hundred dollars shall win a regular prize of one hundred dollars.
(f) The holder of a valid ticket on which at least three of the prize awards are five hundred dollars shall win a regular prize of five hundred dollars.
(g) If a ticket bears two sets of three prize awards, only the higher prize award will be won.
(E) Number of prize awards. The number of prize awards in any sales cycle of game number fifty-four will depend upon the number of tickets sold during that cycle. Tickets shall be printed in accordance with this rule using random techniques in order that:
(1) Combinations winning each prize award are randomly distributed throughout all tickets printed in any given ticket issuance; and
(2) Mathematical reasoning indicates that over a sufficiently large number of tickets sold, the average number of winning tickets per nine hundred thousand tickets sold will be as follows:
(a) Three hundred sixty tickets winning five hundred dollars;
(b) One thousand eight hundred fifty-four tickets winning one hundred dollars;
(c) One thousand eight hundred fifty-four tickets winning fifty dollars;
(d) One thousand six hundred two tickets winning twenty-five dollars;
(e) Eleven thousand two hundred fifty tickets winning five dollars;
(f) Sixty thousand seven hundred fifty tickets winning two dollars.
(F) Frequency of prize drawings.
(1) The random imprinting of prize awards on all tickets issued in game number fifty-four shall be accomplished in a manner which complies with the commission's rules and procedures authorized thereunder.
(2) When a ticket issued in game number fifty-four is sold or deemed sold in accordance with this rule and the covering material over any of the numbers has been removed, the holder shall be deemed to have drawn the numbers on that ticket which determine whether the holder is entitled to a regular prize. All regular prizes shall be deemed to be announced no later than the last day of the sales cycle of game number fifty-four in which the ticket was sold.
(G) Special claim, entry, receipt and validation procedures. The director shall establish special entry, claim receipt and validation procedures, including procedures for validation by agents of tickets winning prizes which are to be paid by agents in accordance with these rules.
(H) Validity of tickets.
(1) A mechanical error in printing prize awards or other numbers on a ticket shall not automatically invalidate that ticket. To the extent feasible, the director shall establish procedures by which the holder of any ticket on which information is incorrectly printed due to mechanical malfunction can be advised of correct information for the ticket. If it is not technically feasible to recover the information from a mechanically misprinted ticket, the director may declare the ticket void and the holder shall be entitled to a return of the ticket price, or a replacement ticket.
(2) In addition to, but not in limitation of, all other power and authority conferred on the director by the commission's rules, the director may declare a ticket in game number fifty-four to be void if it is stolen, unissued, not sold or deemed not sold in accordance with commission rules; if it is illegible, mutilated, altered, counterfeit, misregistered, reconstituted, miscut, defective, printed or produced in error or incomplete; or if any portion of the "void if removed" number is exposed; or if the ticket fails any of the validation tests or procedures established by the director pursuant hereto. The commission's liability and responsibility for a ticket declared void, if any, is limited to the refund of the retail sales price of the ticket, or the issuance of a replacement ticket.
(I) Director's conduct of game number fifty-four.
(1) The director shall conduct game number fifty-four in a manner consistent with the Lottery Act, the rules of the commission, including without limitation, this rule and the regulations of the director. As he deems it necessary or advisable, the director shall adopt management regulations, orders or directives to implement and operate this lottery game. The director shall inform the public of the provisions of this rule and the procedures established pursuant hereto, which affect the play of game number fifty-four.
(2) Names and definitions of elements of game number fifty-four used in this rule are to be considered generic terms used solely for the purposes of this rule. In actual operations, game number fifty-four and these elements may be given names or titles chosen by the commission.