(A) Title and term. Ohio lottery commission game number three, "Happy Birthday," shall be conducted at such times and for such periods as the commission may determine. For the purpose of this rule, "sales cycle" shall mean any such period, including reprints, beginning on the date when ticket sales are commenced and continuing through the date established by the director as the date on which agents are to make their final settlement with respect to tickets allocated to them during the period in game number three.
(B) General design.
(1) Game number three is a match three of six lottery game. Players who match three like prize amounts shall win that prize.
(2) As used in this rule, "prize award" shall mean a free ticket of comparable price or one of the following monetary amounts: two dollars, five dollars, ten dollars, twenty-five dollars, one hundred dollars and five hundred dollars. Each ticket in game number three shall be imprinted with prize awards from the set listed above.
(C) Price of tickets. The price of a ticket issued by the commission in game number three shall be one dollar.
(D) Structure, nature and value of prize awards.
(1) There shall be one type of prize in game number three called a "regular prize award."
(2) The only "prize values" which shall appear on a ticket in game number three are: free "ticket," two dollars, five dollars, ten dollars, twenty-five dollars, one hundred dollars and five hundred dollars. Prize awards shall be concealed by an opaque covering which may be scratched off by the holder of the ticket to reveal the underlying prize values.
(a) Holder of a valid winning ticket in which the prize values revealed include free "ticket" three times shall win a free ticket of comparable price;
(b) Holder of a valid winning ticket in which the prize values revealed include two dollars three times shall win a regular prize award of two dollars;
(c) Holder of a valid winning ticket in which the prize values revealed include five dollars three times shall win a regular prize award of five dollars;
(d) Holder of a valid winning ticket in which the prize values revealed include ten dollars three times shall win a regular prize award of ten dollars;
(e) Holder of a valid winning ticket in which the prize values revealed include twenty-five dollars three times shall win a regular prize award of twenty-five dollars;
(f) Holder of a valid winning ticket in which the prize values revealed include one hundred dollars three times shall win a regular prize award of one hundred dollars; and
(g) Holder of a valid winning ticket in which the prize values revealed include five hundred dollars three times shall win a regular prize award of five hundred dollars.
(E) Number of prize awards. The number of prize awards in any sales cycle of game number three will depend upon the number of tickets sold during that cycle. Tickets shall be printed in accordance with this rule using random techniques in order that:
(1) Combinations winning each prize award are randomly distributed throughout all tickets printed in any given ticket issuance; and
(2) Mathematical reasoning indicates that over a sufficiently large number of tickets sold, the average number of winning tickets per five hundred thousand tickets sold will be as follows:
(a) Two tickets winning five hundred dollars;
(b) Ten tickets winning one hundred dollars;
(c) Two thousand five hundred sixty tickets winning twenty-five dollars;
(d) Five thousand tickets winning ten dollars;
(e) Ten thousand tickets winning five dollars;
(f) Forty thousand one hundred twenty-five tickets winning two dollars; and
(g) Fifty-two thousand two hundred fifty tickets winning a free ticket of comparable price.
(F) Frequency of prize drawings.
(1) Random imprinting of prize awards on all tickets issued in game number three shall be accomplished in a manner which complies with the commission's rules and procedures.
(2) When a ticket issued in game number three is sold or deemed sold in accordance with this rule and the covering material over any of the numbers has been removed, the holder shall be deemed to have drawn the numbers on that ticket which determine whether the holder is entitled to a regular prize award. All regular prize awards shall be deemed announced no later than the last day of the sales cycle of game number three in which the ticket was sold.
(G) Special claim, entry, receipt and validation procedures. The director shall establish special claim, entry, receipt and validation procedures, including procedures for validation by agents of tickets winning prize awards which are to be paid by agents in accordance with commission rules. Prize awards shall be claimed within the time limits set forth by commission rules.
(H) Validity of tickets.
(1) A mechanical error in printing prize awards, symbols, words or other numbers on a ticket shall not automatically invalidate that ticket. To the extent feasible, the director shall establish procedures by which the holder of any ticket on which information is incorrectly printed due to mechanical malfunction may be advised of correct information for the ticket. If it is not technically feasible to recover the information from a mechanically misprinted ticket, the director may declare the ticket void and the holder shall be entitled to a return of the ticket price or a replacement ticket of comparable price.
(2) In addition to, but not in limitation of, all other power and authority conferred on the director by the commission's rules, the director may declare a ticket in game number three void if it is stolen, unissued, deactivated, not sold or deemed not sold in accordance with commission rules; if it is illegible, mutilated, altered, counterfeit, misregistered, reconstituted, miscut, defective, printed or produced in error or incomplete; or if the ticket fails any of the validation tests or procedures established by the director. The commission's liability and responsibility for a ticket declared void, if any, is limited to refund of the retail sales price of the ticket or issuance of a replacement ticket of comparable price.
(I) Director's conduct of game number three.
(1) The director shall conduct game number there in a manner consistent with the Lottery Act, the rules of the commission, including without limitation, this rule and the regulations of the director. As deemed necessary or advisable, the director shall adopt management regulations, orders or directives to implement and operate this lottery game. The director shall inform the public of the provisions of this rule and the procedures established pursuant hereto which affect the play of game number three.
(2) Names and definitions of elements of game number three used in this rule are to be considered generic terms used solely for purposes of this rule. In actual operation, game number three and these elements may be given names or titles chosen by the commission.