(A) Title and Term. Ohio Lottery Game Number Eight ("Game No. 8") shall be conducted at such times and for such periods as the Commission may determine.
(B) General Design.
(1) Game No. 8 is a lottery game of the type generally known as an instant lottery. It is a combination of a number-match and lotto-type game.
(2) As used in this Rule, "number" shall mean a one-digit number from the set of numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 9. Each ticket in Game No. 8 shall be imprinted with a single number called a "key" number; three additional numbers, either all different or all the same, called "target numbers"; and a "prize statement" consisting either of a regular prize amount or a statement of eligibility for the jackpot drawing. The key number, the target numbers and the prize statement shall be concealed by an opaque covering which can be scraped off by the holder of the ticket to reveal the underlying numbers and prize statement. Holders of valid tickets on which one target number matches the key number shall win the regular prize set out in the prize statement on the ticket.
(3) After any given cycle of sales of tickets in Game No. 8, additional prizes called jackpot prizes shall be awarded and a single drawing called a jackpot drawing shall be held. All holders of valid tickets on which all three target numbers match the key number shall be entitled to receive the minimum jackpot prize, and such holders who present their claims in accordance with the special claim requirements of this Rule shall be entitled to participate in the jackpot drawing and play for other jackpot prizes.
(C) Price of Tickets. The price of a ticket issued by the Commission in Game No. 8 shall be $ 1.00.
(D) Structure and Size of Prize Disbursements.
(1) There shall be two types of prizes in Game No. 8, called regular prizes and jackpot prizes, respectively.
(2) If any target number on a valid ticket matches the key number on that ticket, the holder of the ticket shall win whichever of the following regular prizes is contained in the prize statement on that ticket: $2; $5; $200; $500; $1,000 or $10,000. Said amounts are the only regular prizes which can appear in prize statements on tickets in Game No. 8.
(3) The holder of a valid ticket in Game No. 8 on which all three target numbers match the key number shall be entitled to win the minimum jackpot prize of $15,000. Such a holder who claims his or her prize in accordance with the special prize claim provisions of Section 3770:1-7-08(I) of this Rule shall be entitled to participate in the jackpot drawing, in which one jackpot prize of$1,000,000; one jackpot prize of $500,000; and one jackpot prize of $250,000 shall be awarded, and in which the minimum jackpot prize of $15,000 shall be awarded to each participant who does not win one of the larger jackpot prizes.
(E) Number of Prize Disbursements.
(1) The three target numbers on any ticket shall either all be different or all be equal.
(2) The number of prize awards in any sales cycle of Game No. 8 will depend upon the number of tickets sold during that period. Tickets shall be printed in accordance with this Rule using random techniques in order that:
(a) the possible numbers specified in this Rule are randomly distributed throughout all tickets printed in any given ticket issuance; and
(b) mathematical reasoning indicates that over a sufficiently large number of tickets sold, the average number of prize-winning tickets per one million tickets sold will be as follows:
(i) ten tickets winning prizes of $10,000;
(ii) ten tickets winning prizes of $1,000;
(iii) twenty tickets winning prizes of $500;
(iv) fifty tickets winning prizes of $200;
(v) fifteen thousand tickets winning prizes of $5;
(vi) one hundred thousand tickets winning prizes of $2; and
(vii) one ticket winning eligibility for the jackpot drawing.
(3) The number of prize awards in the jackpot drawing will depend on the total number of tickets sold throughout any given cycle of the Game. There shall be one jackpot prize of $1,000,000; one jackpot prize of $500,000; one jackpot prize of $250,000; and as many jackpot prizes of $15,000 as there are valid winning tickets causing their holders to be eligible for a jackpot prize in accordance with the procedures of this Rule.
(F) Frequency of Prize Drawings.
(1) The random imprinting of target numbers and key numbers on all tickets issued in Game No. 8 shall be accomplished in accordance with the Commission's Rules and procedures authorized thereunder.
(2) When a ticket issued in Game No. 8 is sold or deemed sold in accordance with these Rules, the holder shall be deemed to have drawn the target and key numbers on that ticket which, in turn, determine whether the holder is entitled to a regular prize award or to participate in the jackpot drawing.
(3) One jackpot drawing shall be held after each sales cycle of Game No. 8. The jackpot drawing shall be held on a date to be determined by the Director, which date shall be a reasonable period of time after the last date on which tickets are sold in the related sales cycle of Game No. 8.
(G) Random Ticket Number Drawing. The target numbers and the key numbers, which determine the regular prize awards, shall be imprinted randomly throughout the tickets issued in a sales cycle of Game No. 8. These numbers shall be produced by random number generation programs initiated by numbers drawn according to random procedures approved by the Director.
(H) Manner of Prize Drawings.
(1) Prize drawings conducted by the Commission in Game No. 8 shall be open to the public and, whenever possible, persons eligible to win prizes in those drawings shall be encouraged to attend and participate. Drawings may be held at the Commission's headquarters, at its regional offices or at any other place or places in the State. The Director shall inform the public as to the time and place of each drawing.
(2) Subject to compliance with authorized claim and validation procedures, all holders of valid tickets are eligible to win the prize awards determined by the target and key numbers imprinted on those tickets.
(3) Subject to compliance with authorized claim and validation procedures, all holders of valid tickets conferring eligibility for a jackpot prize shall be entitled to participate in the jackpot drawing.
(4) For every drawing in Game No. 8, the Director shall approve procedures and mechanisms for the selection of numbers and winners, and the awarding of prizes, in order that, insofar as is possible, random selection will be achieved.
(I) Special Claim Provisions. The holder of a winning ticket in Game No. 8 shall claim his or her prize in accordance with the procedures established pursuant to these Rules; provided that any person who does not file his or her jackpot prize claim within the special claim period established by the Director shall not be eligible to participate in the jackpot drawing, but shall only be eligible to win the minimum jackpot prize of $15,000. The Director shall establish a reasonable special claim period for jackpot drawing eligibility, which shall not be less than two weeks from the last date of ticket sales in a given sales cycle of Game No. 8.
(J) Validity of Tickets.
(1) A mechanical error in printing the play or key numbers on a ticket shall not automatically invalidate that ticket. To the extent feasible, the Director shall establish procedures by which the holder of any ticket on which the numbers are incorrectly printed due to mechanical malfunction can be advised of the correct numbers for the ticket. If it is not technically feasible to recover the numbers from a mechanically misprinted ticket, and it is possible that the ticket was a winning ticket, the Director may declare the ticket void and the holder shall be entitled to a return of the ticket price or a free replacement ticket if ticket sales are still continuing in that sales cycle.
(2) In addition to, but not in limitation of, all other power and authority conferred on the Director by the Commission Rules, the Director may declare a ticket in Game No. 8 to be void if it has been or is stolen, misprinted, mutilated, torn, illegible, altered or defective in any other manner.
(K) Director's Conduct of Game No. 8.
(1) The Director shall conduct Game No. 8 in a manner consistent with the Lottery Act, the Rules of the Commission, including without limitation, this Rule 3770:1-7-08, and the Regulations of the Director. As he deems it necessary or advisable, he shall adopt management regulations, orders or directives to implement and operate this lottery game. The Director shall inform the public of the provisions of this Rule, and the procedures established pursuant hereto, which affect the play of Game No. 8.
(2) Names and definitions of elements of Game No. 8 used in this Rule are to be considered generic terms used solely for the purposes of this Rule. In actual operation Game No. 8 and these elements may be given names or titles chosen by the Commission.