(A) Title and term. Ohio lottery commission game number thirty-three shall be conducted at such times and for such periods as the commission may determine. For the purpose of this rule, "sales cycle" shall mean any such period beginning on the date when ticket sales are commenced and continuing through the date established by the director as the date on which all agents are to make their final settlement with respect to such period.
(B) General design.
(1) Game number thirty-three is a lottery game of the type generally known as a number match game.
(2) Each ticket in game number thirty-three shall be imprinted with two groups of six unique numbers from the set of integers one through forty inclusive, as determined by the choice of the ticket purchaser, and recorded on the ticket at the time of purchase. Each group shall be referred to hereinafter as a "selection."
(3) At such times as determined by the director, drawings will be conducted at which six unique numbers shall be selected at random from the set of integers one through forty inclusive. Holders of valid winning tickets for a given drawing bearing the numbers drawn in that drawing, in whole or in part, shall be entitled to a prize award in accordance with this rule.
(C) Price of tickets. The price of a ticket issued by the commission in game number thirty-three shall be one dollar.
(D) Structure, nature and value of prize awards. Based upon the numbers drawn in each regular drawing for game number thirty-three, prizes shall be awarded to holders of valid tickets for that drawing as follows:
(1) For each ticket bearing a selection which matches four, and only four, of the six integers drawn, a prize equal to forty per cent of fifty per cent of total sales for that drawing, divided by the number of such winning selections, rounded to the next lowest whole dollar amount.
(2) For each ticket bearing a selection which matches five, and only five, of the six integers drawn, a prize equal to fifteen per cent of fifty per cent of total sales for that drawing, divided by the number of such winning selections, rounded to the next lowest whole dollar amount.
(3) For each ticket bearing a selection which matches all six integers drawn, a prize equal to forty-two per cent of fifty per cent of total sales for that drawing (hereinafter "jackpot"), divided by the number of such winning selections, rounded to the next lowest whole dollar amount.
(4) At the discretion of the director, the amount of money in the jackpot may be deposited with the treasurer of state, or used to purchase annuities, such that an increased prize may be paid to jackpot winners on a deferred annual schedule.
(5) The minimum jackpot amount in any jackpot for which at least one ticket bears a winning selection shall be two hundred fifty thousand dollars.
(6) Any amounts remaining in the prize funds described in paragraphs (D)(1), (D)(2), and (D)(3) of this rule after any given drawing, whether due to no ticket having been issued bearing a winning selection for those prizes, or due to residual amounts after prize disbursement, shall be carried forward in the same fund for the next drawing.
(E) Frequency of prize drawings. Drawings shall be held at times determined by the director.
(F) Manner of prize drawings.
(1) Prize drawings shall be open to the public and may be held at such places in the state that the director shall determine. The director shall inform the public as to the time and place of each prize drawing.
(2) All holders of valid tickets for a given drawing are eligible to win in that drawing. Prize winners shall claim their prizes won in drawings by surrendering their tickets in accordance with the procedures of these rules.
(3) All drawings in game number thirty-three will be conducted in accordance with random procedures approved by the director. For every drawing in game number thirty-three, the director will approve procedures and mechanisms for the selection of winners and the awarding of prizes in order that random selection will be achieved.
(G) Validity of tickets.
(1) Each purchaser of tickets in game number thirty-three shall be responsible for verifying that the numbers imprinted on such tickets are those he requested, that the purchase price paid is the price recorded on such ticket, and that such ticket has recorded thereon the type of bet or bets, and the drawing date or dates therefor, that the purchaser desired to make.
(2) Each ticket issued in game number thirty-three shall have imprinted thereon at the time of purchase, a control number and bar code data supplied by the commission. No prize shall be paid by the commission with respect to any tickets without such control number or bar code data.
(3) All tickets in game number thirty-three are subject to validation under procedures to be established by the director before the payment of any prize thereon.
(4) In addition to, but not in limitation of, all other power and authority conferred on the director by the commission's rules, the director may declare a ticket in game number thirty-three to be void if it is stolen, not sold or deemed not sold in accordance with commission rules; if it is illegible, altered, or counterfeit; or if the ticket fails any of the validation tests or procedures established by the director pursuant hereto. The commission's liability and responsibility for a ticket declared void, if any, is limited to the refund of the retail sales price of the ticket.
(H) Director's conduct of game number thirty-three.
(1) The director shall conduct game number thirty-three in a manner consistent with the Lottery Act, the rules of the commission, including without limitation this rule, and the regulations of the director. As he deems it necessary, or advisable, he shall adopt management regulations, orders or directives to implement and operate this lottery game.
(2) Names and definitions of elements of game number thirty-three used in this rule are to be considered generic terms used solely for the purpose of this rule. In actual operation, game number thirty-three and these elements may be given names or titles chosen by the commission.