(A) Title and term. Ohio lottery commission game rule number sixty, "General video lottery game rule," and the individual video lottery games offered and operated pursuant to the authority of this general video lottery game rule shall be conducted at such times and for such periods as the commission may determine.
(B) General design.
(1) Game rule number sixty is a video lottery game rule under which video lottery games may be offered to video lottery participants as authorized under Chapter 3770. of the Revised Code and division 3770:2 of the Administrative Code.
(2) Each video lottery game offered and operated pursuant to the authority of this general video lottery game rule shall only be played on a video lottery terminal certified in accordance with procedures for certification of video lottery terminals promulgated under division 3770:2 of the Administrative Code.
(3) Video lottery games shall provide for announcement of an immediate video lottery prize winnings. However, video lottery games shall generally be known as "online games" rather than "instant games."
(4) Video lottery prize winnings shall be determined by a random number generator certified by the director and operated in a manner approved by the director
(5) Video lottery games may consist of single or multiple screens or levels with randomly generated outcomes and may consist of but may not be limited to number or symbol match styles, spinning reels, cast objects and/or card games and which may include progressive jackpot features.
(C) Price of video lottery tickets. The wager amount for a video lottery ticket may be in the minimum amount of one cent. The maximum price of a video lottery ticket shall be established for each video lottery game by the director and shall be subject to approval through a resolution of five commissioners present at a meeting of the commission.
(D) Prize structure. The value of video lottery prize winnings and the number and type of different video lottery prize winning combinations available for each video lottery game shall be established by the director and shall be subject to approval through a resolution of five commissioners present at a meeting of the commission prior to the video lottery game being available to a video lottery sales agent for sale to video lottery participants. No resolution shall be approved unless there is a projected average return to video lottery participants of eighty-five per cent or more during the expected lifetime of the video lottery game using standard methods of probability theory.
(1) The value of the video lottery prize winnings shall be displayed on the video lottery terminal.
(2) The video lottery prize winning combination for a valid wager shall be displayed on the video lottery terminal.
(E) Video lottery prize payment. Upon presentation of a valid credit voucher for payment of a video lottery prize payment, payment shall be paid to the video lottery participant by the video lottery sales agent at the same facility from which the valid credit voucher was issued, or, as approved or required by the commission, at an Ohio lottery commission office, or other locations as authorized by the director. Video lottery prize payments are subject to all applicable tax and other required withholdings.
(F) Frequency and period of video lottery game play. Video lottery games offered may be played by a video lottery participant, provided that video lottery games may only be played during the established hours of operation for video lottery.
(G) Validity of video lottery game play.
(1) It shall be the sole responsibility of the video lottery participant to verify the accuracy of the video lottery game play. Once a video lottery participant has initiated game play on a video lottery terminal, the wager may not be canceled.
(2) All video lottery game play is subject to validation requirements, test and/or procedures established by the lottery, including but not limited to validation by the video lottery central monitoring system.
(3) Notwithstanding the information displayed on a video lottery terminal, a video lottery prize payment shall not be due and payable to a video lottery participant until such time as a valid credit voucher is generated for and presented by a video lottery participant for payment.
(4) In addition to, but not in limitation of, all other power or authority conferred on the director or the commission by commission rules, the director may declare a video lottery ticket, the play of a video lottery game, a video lottery credit voucher, or any other aspect of video gaming void if stolen, not played or issued in accordance with commission rules; if it is illegible, altered, mutilated, or counterfeit; or if the video lottery terminal on which a video lottery game was played or a credit voucher fails any validation tests or procedures established by the director. The lottery shall have no liability for video lottery tickets, video lottery game play, credit voucher or any other aspect of video lottery gaming declared by the director to be void.
(5) The lottery shall have no liability for errors in connection with video lottery in any respect, including but not limited to errors on the display or on the printing of a credit voucher.
(H) Director's conduct of video lottery games under game rule sixty.
(1) The director shall offer and operate video lottery games and promotions associated herewith under the authority of this general video lottery game rule in a manner consistent with the lottery act, the rules of the commission, including without limitation this rule, any resolution of the commissioners adopted under this rule. As deemed necessary or advisable, the director shall adopt management regulations, orders or directives to offer, implement and operate video lottery games under this general video lottery game rule and associated promotions.
(2) Names and definitions of elements of game rule number sixty used in this rule are considered generic terms used solely for the purpose of this rule, and more than one video lottery game may be offered by the commission or a video lottery agent, if authorized by the director or commission, under the authority of this rule. In actual operation, game rule number sixty, the name of each individual video lottery game offered under the authority of game rule sixty, and these elements may be given names or titles chosen by the director or commission.