Chapter 3770:2-7 Game Requirements
(A) Video lottery games may be played by and video lottery prize payments may be paid to video lottery participants. In the event that an individual under twenty-one years of age plays a video lottery game, the play of the game is voidable and the individual under twenty-one years of age forfeits all credits.
(B) The following persons may not play video lottery games or claim, redeem or attempt to claim or redeem credit vouchers, video lottery prize winnings and/or video lottery prize payments won from video lottery games played within the state:
(1) An officer or employee of the state lottery commission, any officer or employee of the auditor of the state, if the employee of the auditor of the state is involved in any manner in activities pertaining to lottery, or any blood relative or spouse of such an officer or employee of the commission or auditor of state living as a member of the officer's or employee's household;
(2) Any video lottery principal of a technology provider involved in any manner in video lottery in the state and any employee of a technology provider involved in any manner in video lottery in the state, or any blood relative or spouse of such video lottery principal or employee living as a member of the video lottery principal's or employee's household.
(C) Wagers may be placed using currency, credit vouchers, replays of credits awarded, value credits or any form of card which contains credit for play on a video lottery terminal.
(D) The minimum wager for each video lottery ticket may be one cent and the maximum wager paid for each video lottery ticket shall be established for each video lottery game by the director or commission in accordance with commission rules.
(E) Each video lottery terminal shall display the amount wagered and the amount awarded for each possible winning occurrence based on the amount or credits wagered.
(F) Each video lottery terminal shall provide a method for video lottery participants to view the payout tables for the video game or video lottery games offered on the video lottery terminal being played.
(G) Video lottery games offered by video lottery sales agents on the video lottery terminals in their facilities must be approved by the director and/or the commission.
(H) Video lottery sales agents may be authorized pursuant to rules promulgated by the commission under division 3770:2 of the Administrative Code to offer tournament play to video lottery participants.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 3770:2-7-01
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3770.03
Rule Amplifies: 3770.01, 3770.02, 3770.03 , 3770.06, 3770.21
Prior Effective Dates: 10/28/2010
(A) Within one hundred eighty days of issuance of a credit voucher, a credit voucher must be redeemed for cash, or the monetary equivalent of cash, or other prizes by a video lottery participant at the facility where the credit voucher was issued, or if specified by the director, at the offices of the lottery commission, or other locations as authorized by the director.
(B) In connection with video lottery gaming prize winnings, credit vouchers, and/or video lottery prize payments, video lottery sales agents and video lottery participants winning video lottery prize winnings, redeeming credit vouchers or being paid video lottery prize payments shall comply with all applicable laws regarding withholding of taxes, debts, and obligations and reporting requirements. Compliance with the applicable laws may include, but may not be limited to, submission, by a video lottery participant, of name, address, date of birth and social security number, to the director and/or a video lottery sales agent, prior to issuance of a credit voucher or prior to redemption of a credit voucher. A video lottery participant's submission of name, address, date of birth and social security number shall include authorization to the director and/or a video lottery sales agent to use said information for verification of debts or obligations owed and/or reporting requirements. By participating in video lottery games and/or by submitting a claim to be paid a video lottery prize payment, a video lottery participant consents, agrees and authorizes access to and use of information submitted in connection with a video lottery prize payment claim for all necessary purposes under the Lottery Act by the director, its authorized representatives and agents, and video lottery sales agents.
(C) After any required withholding, unless otherwise specified by the director, payment and/or redemption of a valid credit voucher shall be made by the video lottery sales agent at the facility where the credit voucher was issued.
(1) A credit voucher shall be deemed to be valid provided that:
(a) It is presented on paper or other media approved by the director;
(b) It contains all information necessary to process payment of the credit voucher and all such information is legible;
(c) It is not mutilated, altered, tampered with, or otherwise illegible;
(d) It has not previously been paid;
(e) It meets all other rules, regulations, policies, and directives adopted, promulgated or issued by the commission or director regarding valid video lottery game play and credit vouchers.
(2) In the event that the video lottery sales agent or director makes a determination that a credit voucher is not subject to payment, the video lottery participant presenting the credit voucher may submit a written request, on a form approved by the director, or the director's designee, for a reconstruction of the credit voucher by the video lottery sales agent or director and a written determination of the video lottery sales agent's or director's decision regarding the invalidity of the credit voucher. In regard to any such request submitted to a video lottery sales agent, the director shall be provided a copy of all such requests and shall be provided with a copy of the video lottery sales agent's written determination.
(3) The director shall have final authority to honor or declare a credit voucher void. If a credit voucher is declared void by the director, there shall be no further liability to redeem or issue payment in connection with the voided credit voucher.
(D) The state and the commission and its directors, commissioners, and employees shall be discharged of any and all liability upon payment of a video lottery prize including, but not limited to, redemption and payment of a credit voucher.
(E) The state and the commission and its directors, commissioners, and employees shall be discharged of any and all liability associated with a misplaced, stolen, lost, or otherwise missing credit voucher.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 3770:2-7-02