(A) The words and terms defined in section 3772.01 of the Revised Code are used in this chapter as defined in that statute.
(B) The following words and terms, when used in this chapter, shall have the following meanings, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) "Application" means the total written materials, including the instructions, forms, and other documents issued by the commission, comprising the applicant's request for a license.
(2) "Chairperson" means the chairperson of the commission.
(3) "Conduct" means to back, promote, organize, manage, carry on, sponsor, or prepare for the operation of casino gaming at a casino facility.
(4) "Control" means the power and ability to exercise authority over, or to direct the management and policies of, another person.
(5) "Indirect interest" means any interest in any other person that is deemed to be held by the holder, not through the holder's actual holdings in the person, but through the holder's holdings in any other person.
(6) "Individual" means any natural person.
(7) "Internal control system" means the administrative and accounting controls designed and utilized by a casino operator or management company for the purpose of exercising control over the casino.
(8) "License" means the complete and approved written document issued by the commission that indicates that an applicant has been chosen for licensure and has met all of the requirements set forth in Chapter 3772. of the Revised Code and this chapter.
(9) "Licensee" means any person who is licensed under the provisions of Chapter 3772. of the Revised Code.
(10) "Provisional license" means a written document issued by the commission that indicates that an applicant for a key employee or gaming employee license has been chosen for temporary licensure in accordance with the requirements and conditions set forth in Chapter 3772. of the Revised Code and this chapter.
(11) "Provisional license period" means any of the following, whichever is the shortest length of time:
(a) The period of time between the issuance of a provisional license and the issuance of a license or the issuance of a notice of intent to deny a license;
(b) Three months from the date of issuance if the commission does not renew the provisional license; or
(c) Six months from the date of issuance if the commission, at its discretion, renews the provisional license.
(12) "Publicly traded company" means a corporation or other legal entity, except a natural person, that:
(a) Has one or more classes of security registered pursuant to section 12 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, ( 15 U.S.C. 78l ), or has executed a registration rights statement for registration at a future date; or
(b) Is required to file reports under section 15(d) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 ( 15 U.S.C. 78o(d) ); or
(c) Has one or more classes of securities traded in any open market in any foreign jurisdiction or regulated pursuant to a statute of any foreign jurisdiction that the commission determines to be substantially similar to either or both of the aforementioned federal statutes.
(13) "Wager" means a sum of money or thing of value risked in a casino game at a casino facility.