(A) Unless otherwise documented in the internal controls and approved by the commission, all cards used for table games shall meet all of the following requirements:
(1) Cards shall be in standard decks of fifty-two cards, with each card identical in size and shape to every other card in the deck or as otherwise documented in the internal controls and approved by the commission;
(2) Each standard deck shall be composed of four suits: diamonds, spades, clubs, and hearts;
(3) Each suit shall consist of thirteen cards: "ace", "king", "queen", "jack", "10", "9", "8", "7", "6", "5", "4", "3", and "2". The face of the "ace", "king", "queen", "jack", and ten value cards may contain an additional marking, as documented in the internal controls and approved by the commission, that will permit a dealer, before exposing the dealer's hole card at the game of blackjack, to determine the value of that hole card;
(4) The backs of all cards in the deck shall be identical and no card shall contain any marking, symbol, or design that will enable a person to know the identity of any element printed on the face of the card or that will in any way differentiate the back of that card from any other card in the deck;
(5) The backs of all cards in the deck shall be designed so as to diminish as far as possible the ability of any person to place concealed markings on the backs;
(6) The design to be placed on the backs of cards used by casino operators shall contain the name or trade name of the casino facility where the cards are to be used and shall be submitted to the executive director for approval before use of the cards in casino gaming activity; and
(7) Each package of cards shall be wrapped with cellophane, shrink wrap, or another similar material as documented in the internal controls and approved by the commission. Casino operators may use packages containing multiple pre-shuffled decks of card supplied by a gaming-related vendor whose quality controls have been approved by the commission. Casino operators shall reshuffle and verify every tenth package that contains multiple pre-shuffled decks of cards .
(B) The cards used by a casino operator in any poker room game shall be visually distinguishable from the cards used by that casino operator to play any other table games.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 06/30/2015 and 09/26/2020
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3772.03, 3772.033
Rule Amplifies: 3772.03, 3772.033
Prior Effective Dates: 5/19/12